View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 06:17 PM
very sorry to hear about your neighbours loss.
This problem can also happen when a rat or mouse dies of poisioning and a dog then eats this dead animal and falls ill. it doesn't really matter where you have placed the bait then........... this happened to my dads GSD about ten years ago. thankfully he recovered.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 10:21 PM
My neighbour is certainly distraught. I don't know the in's and out's of the situation, I didn't really feel the circumstances were right at the moment to ask.

I wouldn't of thought someone put the rat poison down on purpose as she said her son had been having a problem with rats, and had put the poison down. Not sure why he done this with his dog about, but I suppose some people just dont think do they?

The son's dog is o.k, maybe it is because her dog was a lot smaller that he didn't survive the poisoning.

Either way, he was a gorgeous lil thing, will be very sadly missed.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this

I'm afraid that we do use rat poison (as well as mouse traps), but it's placed in lofts, inbetween floorboards and ceilings and pretty much anywhere that the dogs don't go. Unfortunatly, the size of this place, everything else has failed They just move to another part of the property
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2