Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-11-2010, 10:40 PM

Crosby, 'Working Lakeland' Terrier, DOB 04 - Reading

Crosby, 'Working Lakeland' Terrier, DOB 04 - Reading

Homing Requirements: Crosby needs a terrier aware home where exit management, a terrier proof garden and retention on an extender lead are the pre-requisites to ensure his safety. Crosby could live with another dog or be an only dog. He is too interested in cats and small furries, but has shown affection for horses!

His Story: Crosby was owned by a farmer; but ended up tied up in an enclosure for 5 years with water bowl and wooden kennel to sleep in as he was untrustworthy not to disappear. Saved by an elderly lady who had an elderly cat, but yes he was too interested in her cat so she kept them separated in her flat until we could take him. Neutered, vax'd and chipped. Now fostered with 2 other dogs in Reading

Advert: Crosby is a very calm and steady terrier ... a steady teddy! He has always shown us great affection for other dogs so we had no qualms (well a few) about suggesting he was suitable to live with 2 foster dogs. He took to it like a duck to water, even when he was told off by each in turn ... sure sorry ? how high! Crosby has been introduced to the good things in life by his previous short term owner and fosterers. Amazing is the word ... housetraining fine, manners superb, so adaptable, simply a delight.

So form an orderly queue ... complete our homing questionnaire if you meet his homing requirements and if you don't, be prepared to see the word reserved appear on his advert within the week. Crosby is a terrier delight. Yes, he is a dog! Yes, he is a terrier, but believe us they don't come much better.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-11-2010, 11:12 PM

"Are you the one who can give me my own forever bed and lots of love? That is all I want" - Crosby

I really like other dogs, but prefer the playful ones since I am a very playful fun loving little soul!

I wait here quietly whilst my foster mum works on the computer. Or then I go in a car with her to see her clients and behave SO well! (better than her own dogs, Im told....)!

I look like an old man in this photo. Doing my usual thing, being calm whilst my foster mum cooks. Do you think she might drop a little morsel for me??

We are all watching X-Factor on a Saturday night! (my foster dad will not be happy with my foster mum for posting this photo here)! Bigger sofa desperately needed!!!!

An update from Crosby’s foster mum:

“Little Crosby continues to be a delight and I am SO surprised he hasn’t been snapped up yet!!!

He has come out of his shell quite a bit, he was a bit under the weather when he came here too, but has now gained his full strength and is a life loving little fella. He particularly loves squeaky toys, will play for ages on his own, desperately trying to get the squeaky bit out .

He is a bit more excited on the lead now he feels better in himself, but as mentioned before he is still not over the top and just a normal dog in his prime with a bit of terrier instinct thrown in He still prefers to sniff about and will run excitedly when he gets left behind on the extender lead, but that’s about it. He is not a mad puller, won't react to joggers, kids, cars or anything such. Interested in the swans in the Thames though!! I also tried him on a "two end lead" the other end on his collar and the other in the harness and he was good on that too, pulls a bit when sees birds etc, but calms down to sniffing mode after 5-10min. Also when my dogs tear around on the field he is not particularly bothered, just sniffs about.

I can also see where the initial comment of "can react to other dogs" comes from - when he sees other dogs, he REALLY wants to go and say hello. If it is not possible plus he is in general on quite an excited mood he will bark and try to get to them. I have not seen a single situation whereby he has shown ANY malice or aggression. All you have to do is make yourself more interesting with happy voice and treats and toys etc. My little terrier Lucy was exactly the same in the beginning, after I used these methods with her, (yes, it used to be pockets full of treats and toys on every walk) she now ignores 99% of other dogs, even when off lead because mummy is more interesting. But then again, not everyone is that bothered and I in particular wanted her to become like that. Crosby is no trouble the way he is now after all.

Today we were in a new park and suddenly 6 strange dogs of all shapes and sizes with their owners surrounded us. Crosby acted impeccably, even when one of the dogs growled and snapped at him.

SO - as the advert in the beginning of his thread says : form an orderly line!!! He comes with a "best friend guarantee"!!

Crosby is available for adoption and patiently waiting for his forever home. Could it be you?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Ho, ho, ho ... Crosby found a forever home in time for Christmas!
Closed Thread