Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Thats sad news indeed.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:29 PM
So sorry, Jessica. I do so hope there's something they can do to help your sweet lad

x0x
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
so sorry hope the vets manage to help him x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:39 PM
I am so sorry. Big hugs to you and gentle hugs to Riley x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Poor boy.

{{{hugs}}}
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh i am so sorry xxx It's truly shocking to hear that such your fit lad can have something so sinister

How old is he?

Just remember though, not sure if you read our Zeke's tale but he was diagnosed with the big C, as yours he presented fit and well and was only 6/7! From dognosis his prognosis was 6 weeks without treatment!!! BUT he had treatment and he's still here, happy, 15 months later, they're made of strong stuff these dogs, good luck and keep us updated xxxxxx
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Im so sorry, thinking of you x
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone, its a bit of a shock to say the least. I had completely prepared myself for him to have diabetes or EPI and need lifetime treatment, but not this....

Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Oh i am so sorry xxx It's truly shocking to hear that such your fit lad can have something so sinister

How old is he?

Just remember though, not sure if you read our Zeke's tale but he was diagnosed with the big C, as yours he presented fit and well and was only 6/7! From dognosis his prognosis was 6 weeks without treatment!!! BUT he had treatment and he's still here, happy, 15 months later, they're made of strong stuff these dogs, good luck and keep us updated xxxxxx
Thats very reassuring, thank you Riley is only 6 so just a youngster really, never been sick in his life!! The vets were talking about the different types of leukemia, apparently acute would be the worst and we're hoping he doesnt have that type. But im trying not to get too stressed about things until we know for sure what he has...

And thank god for insurance, everyone should have it for their dogs! The tests so far just to get a diagnosis have cost just a shade under £1500 I couldnt have found that sort of money (and more!!) on such short notice - even the healthiest dogs can suddenly go downhill.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Thats very reassuring, thank you Riley is only 6 so just a youngster really, never been sick in his life!! The vets were talking about the different types of leukemia, apparently acute would be the worst and we're hoping he doesnt have that type. But im trying not to get too stressed about things until we know for sure what he has...
He's at the best age to fight this, and you will xxx

Zeke's 6 month chemotherapy treatment plan used up all his insurance, infact it ran out
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I hope he will, I think to say that he is not the toughest little dog in the world wouldnt be an understatement He's a complete wimp infact! But, he still has his lovely old mum Chloe and his sister Meg to take care of him like they always have

I have £4000 worth of cover for him, seemed like a huge amount when I took the insurance out, now it seems ridiculously tiny
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >