View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm quite lucky in that respect, living in the same village fo the last 20 years means all the farmers know me and my dogs so I can let them off around livestock with no risk of them getting shot! To be honest they're both so old now neither of them can be a**ed to chase anything! Pic tends to get beaten up by the sheep cos he's so little, I often have to pick him up to stop him getting nutted!! The only time I don't go in with livestock is when there's young about, definate no no!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 04:05 PM
The two main farmers round me do know that the dogs are OK, after nearly 11 years of one and nearly 7 years of the other, but there are still some a***h***s in the village itself who will make up any old s**t and pass it around as truth. Keeping the Boys under visible control means that I do have some allies who will try to stop any tales dead in their tracks!

You get vicious tongues in any small township

Snorri
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 05:19 PM
max thinks all kids are our kids so he will treat them as his own and slobber all over them and slam into them in a kind of max bear hug thing which my kids love and are always prepared for as they are used to him but other small children dont take so kindly to it and although he is not being aggressive he is rough so i always grab him if i see kids. outside a park the other day a 2yr old waddled over and the mum said oh she is used to dogs but maxs head was taller than her head and he hasnt seen a child that small before so i was more nervous than the child or mum but max was quite gentle bless him but if kids are similar sizes to my own he bear hugs them!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 11:21 PM
If there are kiddies around then I put my dogs on leads. Shaan is bombproof, but Luca and Storm are unpredictable. Not that they would bite, but they don't particularly like children and I won't take the risk.

Hamsterley Forest, I used to go there as a kid with my Dad, and take my kids there when I go back home
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Where you from Wolfie, just out of interest I don't stalk people.....honest!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3