View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 08:17 PM
That's where mine started Trish in my teens, only on my elbows. It suddenly disappeared overnight after having suffered for a few years with it, one elbow, then the other, and 20 years later it comes back on my foot Strange thing isn't it, and boy does it itch!!!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2006, 08:39 PM
walking in the sand and salt water no foot problems then
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 09:54 PM
I know someone who used to use Dovonex cream - it's a vitamin D derivative obtained from the GP.

Also UV light can help.

Keep the skin moisturised.

I have read that dairy products may aggravate psoriasis - don't know how true this is though.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Thank you for your suggestions, i will try to get into see the doctor before I go away. It is on my elbows aswell, but only minor.

I do believe it is connected to diet, and spicey food can trigger it off, along with other things.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 10:33 PM
maynard sours me finks LOL
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
maynard sours me finks LOL
..... for new customers only!!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 08:03 PM
my mum is covered from head to foot with psoriasis,she goes on medical trials etc and there has been hardly any improvement in 12 years for her,she did use omega 3 capsules and they helped a wee bit,i hope you get something to help you as it is a terrible thing to have to put up with and i really feel for anyone who has it
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I feel really bad now, there's me having a moan about my foot, but your poor Mum.............

Originally Posted by griff
my mum is covered from head to foot with psoriasis,she goes on medical trials etc and there has been hardly any improvement in 12 years for her,she did use omega 3 capsules and they helped a wee bit,i hope you get something to help you as it is a terrible thing to have to put up with and i really feel for anyone who has it
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Trish
My 7 year old son has mild psoriasis on his elbows - weird thing is the GP says it looks like it and yes it probably is but won't diagnose it.:smt102

Anyway, we find E45, Sudocream and Vaseline help. Not all at the same - he would be a bit slimy!:smt042
E45 cotains lanolin which is known to aggravate skin conditions like excema and psoriasis.

Sudocream however is the ultimate healer - works wonders on spots!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
I feel really bad now, there's me having a moan about my foot, but your poor Mum.............
don't feel bad she is quite used to it now,she has learnt to cope quite well i believe the condition can be stress related so if you get stressed you can have a flair up i hope you get it cleared up
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >