Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
A mini roll and a couple of digestives doesn't really give you a big sugar rush!
The biggest bar of choccy you'd find me eating is a curlywurly!

It isn't a critism hevvur, but the typical day you posted does contain quite a few high sugar/fat items and the symptoms except the weight loss are classic blood sugar peaks and troughs. we are not talking about the number of calories but the glycaemic index. Some foods are more complex than others and maintain your blood sugar levels better. it could be worth a try just to see.
I do know how frustrating it is, as i have the opposite problem, rarely feel hungry, could probably go all day without eating, have to remind myself to eat and i do eat very healthily and yet am manageing to put weight on, no matter how active i am and the doctor says he has no idea why, thoroughly tested and no explanation.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 09:13 AM
I know most foods I eat contain sugars, but I don't eat a lot of the 'bad' types - OH is an athletic, and we don't really have naughty things in the house.

Still, I don't see how eating 2 digestives can give me a peak, high enough to make me feel sick, and sometimes vomit afterwards.

If so, why has it only just started happening?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
are you going to do another test ?

I don't know Inca....
Very confused tbh!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

16-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur

If so, why has it only just started happening?

Can't answer that one mate, cos i'm in exactly the same position
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Done another test - shows negative.

but for those saying about peaks etc from eating sugary things - why do I feel sick all the time, even on days I don't eat the 'bad' things.
Had a Jacket spud, cheese and salad for lunch, 30 mins later was feeling sick.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Hevvur....could it be something to do with your thyroid?

Sorry to compare you to a cat....but I had one who ate and ate and ate, and got thinner and thinner, turns out he had an over active thyroid (Hyperthyroidism) which speeds up the metabolism . I would have thought that this would have shown up in your blood tests though
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Had my Thyroid tested earlier this year, and was all clear.
Could a problem just come up so quick?

Think I may make an appt at the docs
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

16-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Hevvur I always had negative results from my pregnancy tests, even the ones my doctor did. I only got positive results from being sent to the blood clinic. Doctor said it was because I never showed enough pregnancy hormone in my urine until I was well into my pregnancy. I was 20 weeks pregnant with my second child before I actually got a positive urine result. I also got pregnant on the pill with my 3rd child. So if I was you I would go see the doctor.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Hevvur I always had negative results from my pregnancy tests, even the ones my doctor did. I only got positive results from being sent to the blood clinic. Doctor said it was because I never showed enough pregnancy hormone in my urine until I was well into my pregnancy. I was 20 weeks pregnant with my second child before I actually got a positive urine result..

Will make an appointment tomorrow morning!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 04:30 PM
A good friend of mine was losing a lot of weight but still eating - she had her hormone levels tested and they were way off what they should be.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >