Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Hope you feel better soon!
I agree with Minda on the type of calories etc you are eating. You need more longer lasting foods.
Glad to hear all your blood tests are ok! Good luck and hope you get the result you want from the test!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by minda
The symptoms you describe certainly sound like hypoglycaemia. The amount of food you listed doesn't sound like a massive amount (not tiny, but not masssive either). If you're fairly active then it may be as simple as needing to eat bigger meals. It might also be that the type of calories you're taking in are the wrong kind. You list quite a lot of sugary foods and although they give you instant energy, as you may well know this then makes your body produce insulin which subsequently results in a sharp energy drop which would result in the dizziness and hunger pangs you describe. You might want to think about getting fewer calories from sugary carbohydrates and more calories from slow-release energy foods such as bananas, oats, sweet potatoes (and eggs I think, but not too sure about this one).
Exactly what i was thinking.
do you have sugar in your tea?
is the bread wholemeal?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
My friend fell prgnant with all 3 of her kids whilst on the pill.

I know it's not 100%.

How long after missing my period would a test say I was pregnant (If I was)

I always waited till my period was two weeks overdue before doing the tests. Even a negative test can be a positive result - just means there is not enough of that hormone (forgot what its called) present.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't see where i'm getting too many sugary foods.
Apart from natural sugars in fruit etc.
I don't add sugar to anything - not in tea, and I don't eat any sweets - never have done.

If you saw the size of my portions of meals you wouldn't say I wasn't eating a lot - I eat more than Kev

Sometimes we have wholemeal bread, sometimes not - depends whats on offer in the supermarket (short on money!)

And i'm certainly not active
I sit on front of my computer all day! lol

How about the losing weight part though?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I always waited till my period was two weeks overdue before doing the tests. Even a negative test can be a positive result - just means there is not enough of that hormone (forgot what its called) present.

Thanks Foxy
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
I don't see where i'm getting too many sugary foods.
You mention quite a lot of biscuits and chocolate bars etc. That's all simple carbohydrates which give you the big energy peaks and troughs.

As for the weight loss I honestly don't know, and if your eating habits haven't changed recently but your weight has then I would definitely let your doctor know about it.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 10:21 PM
A mini roll and a couple of digestives doesn't really give you a big sugar rush!
The biggest bar of choccy you'd find me eating is a curlywurly!
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi hevvur
On reading your posts my first thought was " ohh she's pregnant"
My OH is type 1 diabetic and does not "recognise" the symptoms you have mentioned, as typically diabetic, the pancreas is a very clever organ and can dispatch exactly the right amount of insulin for the sugar you have taken in , meaning that you would not get "peaks and troughs " in your blood sugar level.. ie Hypo's or Hyper's...if your pancreas was working properly.
How often do you have your oncolgy reviews.. would it be worth mentioning your concerns to your consultant?... If your review is a few months away...does your local chemist offer any testing... I know that our local Lloyds pharmacy does both Diabeties testing and pregnancy tests perhaps you could try both???
Rachel
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks Rachel,
I have my oncology review is every 6 months, the last one was in March.
But i'm under the hospital for something else too, so i'm going about that sooner!
So will mention it to the doctor there.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 08:20 AM
are you going to do another test ?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >