Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Nuts
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2006, 11:50 AM
When I lived in London our doctors surgery would keep 2 appointment times each morning free for urgent cases, but the receptionist only told her "favourite patients", anyway, my mum got to hear about this, so if we needed to see the doctor and couldn't get an appointment for a week (which seemed to be the norm), my mum would say "Well what about one of those appointments you keep back for ugent cases?". Also if I couldn't get an appointment, I'd go round on Saturday morning for the hour "emergency slot" - sometimes if it wasn't for me the doctor wouldn't see anyone on a Saturday morning!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2006, 11:59 AM
It's appalling isn't it, especially with something like chest pains, AND he's spoken to a doctor!! These receptionists think they're little Hitlers imo, I cannot believe the attitude you get from them, mind you I give them as good as I get, so that's probably why they give me grief!

Quite honestly, I think this new system of going down there early to book or phoning at 8.00 am. to book is much better than the old system. Look at it this way, if you're really ill one morning and want to see a quack, you wait until 8.00 am. and either phone or go down there and you can usually get an appointment with whoever you like if you're first in line, whereas, with the old system, you would go down there early anyway coz you're feeling ill and lo and behold the day had been filled up so you couldn't see anybody until 3 days later, if you're lucky! It makes sense to me this new system, it really does. However, if you're really, really ill, especially with chest pains, you can always phone for an ambulance can't you? Or phone the NHS hot line and guaranteed if you mention chest pains, you are passed immediately on to someone in authority who gets the ambulance for you - hopefully!

I hope your o/h gets it sorted soon, you don't want to leave something like that, but I know what men are like when it comes to quacks!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Well I rang at 0830 and of course constantly engaged, but kept on and on....finally spoke to Receptionist, got appointment, she said"may I ask what the appointment is for" I said "No".............anyway appointment at 10.10 this morning!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Doctors receptionist here ( dons gum shield and hard hat )

We don't make the rules..we just have to follow them
we only have a set amount of appointments to give out and we can't 'magic' any more !

But yes they should priorotise(sp) we always try and fit in peeps we think need seeing ..but then again thats hard cos we're not medically trained

Chest pains ..go straight to A&E
Hope hubby's ok Sweep
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy
Doctors receptionist here ( dons gum shield and hard hat )

We don't make the rules..we just have to follow them
we only have a set amount of appointments to give out and we can't 'magic' any more !

But yes they should priorotise(sp) we always try and fit in peeps we think need seeing ..but then again thats hard cos we're not medically trained

Chest pains ..go straight to A&E
Hope hubby's ok Sweep
Cheers! I know

OH just leaving for appointment
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Has tablets, possibly making too much acid in stomach, reflux Phew! Also sorting out change in appearence of mole on his eye lid, has to wait for an appointment for that though.
Thanks guys
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2