Our sister sites
Our sister sites
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:29 PM

Johnsons holiday skin questions

Hi,
I know this has already been mentioned on another thread but i bought some Johnsons Holiday Skin Body Lotion today and i am already worrying about using it!

I am really precious about my skin, i am only 18 and already worry about premature aging! I have had the good fortune of having clear skin through my teen years, i worry about using makeup cos i always think it brings out spots!

Anyway my friends 18th is coming up and she is having a massive do for it, i am having a dress (oh dear god!!) and i didnt want to look chalky white in my dress.

I have naturally very red hair so i didnt want to get a spray tan, or use fake tan as i dont think it would suit me. Plus i am paranoid about looking like i've been tangoed!

I bought some Johnsons stuff today and put it on just now, the bottle doesnt give much information about how to apply it so

1) how much do i apply- a thin coating? thick coating?
2) should i apply it to my face?
3) Will it go streaky
4) will i wake up looking like i've been tangoed tomorrow
5) how many applications before it starts to show
6) what about things like ears/hands, i dont want white ears or hands or fingers!

As you can tell i am slightly paranoid about using any new product on my skin! My skin so so sensitive i dont want to upset it.

I hope this makes sense i am really worrying about it now, wish i hadnt put it on!
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:31 PM
also, i have noticed my skin has "bogey" like things on it when i rub it, it is disgusting- is this normal?!?!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987
also, i have noticed my skin has "bogey" like things on it when i rub it, it is disgusting- is this normal?!?!

That sounds like your skin is too dry.
Go in the shower/bath, exfoliate, then start to apply the cream.

I used it just like moisturising cream - all over my body, including hands/face/back/arms/legs, make sure you rub it all in evenly.
It didn't go streaky - apart from on the palms of my hands - then my Mum told me to make sure I wipe/wash my hands after using it
It didn't make me orange either.
I noticed a difference within 2 to 3 days, and I used it for around 2 weeks in all, and I didn't go 'too brown'.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I have been using it for four days now and the only fault in it is streaky feet yet I apply it evenly and shal
ke the bottle before using and during use. Its ok and only a light tan nothing orange at all, however my tummy button is a strange shade of dirt and the rest of my tum region white still, do not use it on your face to be safe and just wash your hands after using it, go ahead its fine . x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Feet and hands shed skin quicker than most of the rest of the body, thats why it often goes streaky there.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
If you want my honest opinion, if you've got red hair I bet your pale skin really suits you. You should make a feature of it rather than trying to hide it. Pale skin is beautiful too as long as you look healthy, and it sounds like you do.
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by minda
If you want my honest opinion, if you've got red hair I bet your pale skin really suits you. You should make a feature of it rather than trying to hide it. Pale skin is beautiful too as long as you look healthy, and it sounds like you do.

Thanks Minda, I don't mind my pale skin, its just that i look completely chalky white against the black dress i've got. I just want to make it slightly darker whilst still looking natural if that makes sense?

God i hope this doesnt go awfully pearshaped!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 01:31 PM
i was asked a few months ago to try it for a survey company , i used it for 3 days and i came out in a rash so will be staying well clear of it
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 01:37 PM
ive used it before and all went well but like all tanning products i found it came off my chest and neck area around my bra straps an wires a bit too much...wear dark underwear as it can stain!
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2006, 01:38 PM
i've been thinking of using one of these there are so many at the mo i thought of using the dove one has any one tried that?

it should say on the bottle wether it's safe to use on your face or you could go back to where you brought it and ask them?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >