View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2006, 05:32 PM
My son has asthma and has 2 inhalers 1 to be used twice a day and 1 for when he is breathless ie: after p.e etc i find he becomes more breathless and wheazy when we have the cold mornings and having the central heating on doesnt help him at all and he complains like hell about the air and will run around the house with his jumper up his face until the fire has warmed the place up lol.

We have 2 cats and found that when the cats slept on his bed it would get worse so now the cats have to kept out his room and he has improved so it might well be your moms cat.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 06:02 PM
I've had it since I was 13 - I'm on Seretide 100 accuhaler twice a day and Ventolin if I need it. It can be a pain in the bum sometimes but I'm used to it and refuse to let it hinder me if possible. I manage to run, walk, play squash and swim, etc. so not doing too bad.

I find I can't tolerate dairy very much though as it makes me a bit choked up/wheezy and of course I suffer in smokey areas. Dust isn't good either so no hoovering
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm on the seretide inhaler, its brilliant. Since i've stopped smoking i've stopped taking my anti-inflammatory inhaler.
If i go near a cat it sets my asthma off really bad! Or cold frosty air.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Just come back from the doc's myself, as have been suffering the classic symptoms a few times recently. Never had any probs before this year! He confirmed I've got asthma, probably hayfever related. Having said that my eyes are fine. When I get hayfever, they're usually good 'n' red!

Doc spotted straight away I was wheezing a bit & testing my lung capacity was an eye opener! 40% of normal and I don't feel too bad this PM! Anyway, I'm now on Symbicort. It's a combination thing, so just gotta take it twice a day.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 03:05 PM
well dust sets me off.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-05-2006, 05:08 AM
You could get them to try Petal cleanse:

http://www.petremedies.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=119 - currently on "buy 2 get 1 free"

With regards to vacuuming, the cheaper cleaners don't have HEPA filters in the exhaust, which means that smaller dust particles end up being chucked out in the air leaving the vacuum cleaner.

The more expensive ones tend to have built-in HEPA filters. These will filter the air leaving the vacuum cleaner, taking out the dust particles. Even the Dysons without HEPA filters will take out dust particles - leave them just sucking air in and watch the dust accumulate!
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-05-2006, 05:21 AM
hmm, this always gets me, i think its a lack of exposure thats causing allergies

i know if u eat local produce and honey it elimnates hayfever really as you become accustomed to the pollen etc ...

i reckon a heavy dose of the cats will eventually adapt ur system
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-05-2006, 05:36 AM
Originally Posted by ceiron
hmm, this always gets me, i think its a lack of exposure thats causing allergies

i know if u eat local produce and honey it elimnates hayfever really as you become accustomed to the pollen etc ...

i reckon a heavy dose of the cats will eventually adapt ur system
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger eh?
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by rich c
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger eh?

well in one sense

but i nanother if you look at all the evidence too

hayfever, its huge now

go back to when we ate mainly homegrown local stuff and it was rare from what i can see

asthma too, i mean people ahve smoked and been caught in wors pollution and stuff and havent relly devolped it but recently its becoming huge so there msut be a trigger

overprotectivness/overcleaning imo is one

the human body has an imune system thats built to be strong, you dont use it and stuff then it becomes weaker imo

kinda how i see it

look at how vaccines work, we sue dead samples of stuff usually

wonder if this has been considered for allergies too

hmm, some research and billions there.lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2