View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 04:29 PM
The roast beef went down well, so Dave will now miss out tomorrow coz he won't be getting it cold with salad, Cassie's having it. Trouble I've got is, I know it doesn't much matter now what she has as long as she'll eat, she's got a chonic gastric condition (EPI) so I have to be very careful otherwise she ends up with yellow diarrhea, and I really don't want to add to her problems, hence my reason for sticking to what I know won't upset her in any way.

The good news is, if there is any really, she wandered out on her own down the front steps to have a wee on the grass out the front, and back up again, and she hasn't been able to get back up those steps for over a week, I've always taken her the long way round to get back in. So, having changed the Metacam over to the mornings, at least the vet was right in that it will help her to move around better during the day when she has to.

We had a lovely "moment" earlier on when I'd put her on her bed in the lounge and Georgie came over to dare drink out of her fresh bowl of water she had in front of her. Dave told him to watch out coz he might get his his chewed off, but instead of that, when he finished he leaned over to her face, so she responded by licking him all over the chops ever so gently and he looked soooo pleased with himself! Oh how I wish I'd had the camera, it really was one of those magic moments seeing them together like that.

It's so hot down here this afternoon and I'm keeping her cool with a wet towel wash now and again and constant fresh cold water, but I'm dreading later on if we get the storms because she just hates them and I don't want her to get herself all in a state in her current condition.

I've been here before, it's jogged a very painful memory with our first dog and I never imagined it would happen again. Funny thing is, Dave was very traumatised by it all when it happened 20 years ago and actually blamed himself for a long time after she passed, because he was with her at the end, and yet now, when I mention it he says he cannot remember a thing about it! Isn't our mind incredible the way it puts painful memories locked away like that!

It's a very busy week here at the house, plasterer for 2 days, then a painter for 4 having the final room refurbished (our main lounge), so I hope I can arrange to be somewhere quiet out of the way to take care of my little cherub.

Thanks all for your kind thoughts for us, and I'll keep you posted. I'd say we're on an even keel for the time being.xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Good news Aitch. Hope the change of time for her medication continues helping her through the day. So pleased she enjoyed her roast beef. I'm sure Dave won't mind giving up the leftovers for a very good cause.
Hope it all continues on an even keel for you all. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks Jackie
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Anytime! Positive vibes still coming your way xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Glad Cassie enjoyed her roast beef I remember giving Max anything he wanted,.it was the least I could do for him.
2 out of 3 of our cats we had then never had much to do with him but when he was ill they would go over to him and give him a sniff and say hello I think animals have an instinct for this kind of thing.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 05:31 PM
So pleased your are having a nice day with Cassie and that she is feel good today.l
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh Helena, I'm so sad for you. We wish they could live forever to be with us all through our lives, but it can not be.
I'm so sad that Cassies time is drawing near. I hope her journey to the Bridge is not to painful and that you can stay strong till the end.
Take care.
x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for being here for me through this terrible, terrible time, I can honestly say I've never quite known anything like it, and your words of comfort and friendship are helping me to be strong.

She gone into her proper bed under the stairs, and Georgie, bless him is lying on the floor next to her. I think he's enjoying all the extra treats she's getting, coz of course I can't leave him out can I!! Dave told me to stop giving him so many treats at night coz he keeps getting him out of bed at 3.00 am to go out for a poo! Bless him!

I feel so very drained at the moment as you can imagine, and even now life seems sort of unreal at the moment. God knows what it's gonna feel like when the time comes, but I'm hoping for that inner strength to surface.

She's just come in the kitchen with her tail wagging and stood in front of the fridge, so I've given her some more chicken which she woofed down. Here we go, ups and downs! This is much better though
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 06:54 PM
i didnt mean to make you cry with the poem i thought it apt for you,im glad youre having a good day,with cassie its like the memories we long to keep,im really hoping you get some more treasured time with cassie,no they dont live forever on earth but in our hearts they do,she will be with you always,and when youre lonely without her think of your memories,you will see her again she will be there for you as she is now.xx zb
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks Zoeybeau, and your poem was lovely, I'm used to the crying bit now so it didn't matter much Yes, you're right, thank goodness I do believe that we will be together again one day, she won't forget me I know that nor I her - never in a million years. I just want to fast forward now to the time when I will have the happy memories of her, it's difficult to imagine at the moment. It's gonna be a very lonely world for me without her I know that. Thanks for caring.xxx
Page 9 of 49 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »