Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I really hope cassie is ok,

Big lovley warm cuddles to all of you and a wee smooch from china for george she shares your itchiness.

Alex
xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Anybody heard anything ?

I'm hoping no news isn't bad
I'm hoping that too Phil I've just popped in to see how Cassie is. I'm hoping H has been busy and hasn't had time to reply.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww, you just don't realise how much all these lovely messages of support for little Princess Cass cheers me up, so a massive, massive thankyou to all of you from us and wages (although very small) and licks from Cassie.

Well, things are quite good, she's been out twice (I don't wear her out, she's got no energy, I only stand onn the green for her to have a pee and a poo!)She's had some Sainsbury's roast chicken coz it's far more interesting than my boiled stuff, a bio-yoghurt which she loves and ate her Special K with relish this morning with her Metacam in it! Today has been a good day for her. I put her bed out in the garden under the carport and she slept like a baby all afternoon in the shade,but I've got her in now as I don't want her crashing outside for fear of not being able to get her back in later.

Georgie on the other hand has not been so good! He's scratched his ear to pieces inside with blood everywhere!! Norty boy! He seems pretty fed up today, but that could be because of the steroid jab yesterday and his ab's, but I'll have to keep an eye on him. Of course he's also doped up with Piritons which the vet told me to double up on, but I think I'll go a bit easier on those tomorrow and see if he's more cheerful.

Took Mum out this morning, we had a coffee and I did my shopping in Sainsbury's, so she's happy. It's an absolutely glorious day down here today, and I was just sitting up in Mum's room on her bed looking across to the open window at the front and we both said, where could you live to have a view like that fromthe window, a great big hilly field with trees and sheep, horse and cattle, no houses to look at, it really is heaven upstairs! I am going to take a pic of that one to put with my loft extension thread when I get round to it, but first I've got to dig my own pc out of the shed next week, as I can't do it from this laptop.

I'm now going to pass on all those hugs and kisses to my little baby, give her another yoghurt and try and settle her down in the cool. She had a brilliant night, no fast breathing, slept like a baby, but this morning she was still in bed when I came down and found it very, very difficult to walk to the back door. Within half an hour of lying outside though, she managed to get in the car! I have come up with the ingenius idea of taking her big soft duvet out there when we get back, so that she jumps on that instead of the hard concrete and so doesn't jar her shoulder, coz it must be painful with that big lump.

I had a chat with an old man who had an old dog he used to walk, and he said his dog had exactly the same. It went on for weeks, and it weeped and oozed permanently so he had to bathe it and dress it (I don't want to cover it up though!)and then one day when he got back from his walk it just heammhoraged (sp?)profusely so he called the vet, but the vet said he'd almost gone anyways. He said his vet had already told him that's what would happen, so I'm guessing mine will be the same. Quite honestly, I'm also thinking that's not a bad way to go is it? Loss of blood like that should be quite painless and she will just go peacefully to sleep. Oh dear, I'm off again, I mustn't think like that, I must be positive and strong so that I can cherish every moment I have left.

Thanks again guys for caring so much, sorry I've rambled on again, but I'm getting quite used to this little laptop now!!! Dave used to have one like this ya know!

We're all happy today, let's hope it stays that way.xxxxxxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Talk about keeping us in suspense!
Everytime my e-mail tells me this thread has been added to I've been checking!

Glad she's having a good day, and to be honest with roast chicken, yoghurt and special k I feel like asking wheat time you want me round for dinner!

Yes you are right about the haemhoraging sp?
I know because of people who have cancer that have that, and yes it is painless and peaceful. With humans the hospice nurses recommend red towels and sheets (God knows where you get those outside of the hospice) as then the sight of the blood isn't noticed and so doesn't distress the patient, or those with them tbh, though dark towels etc help, just in case.
.... and yes you should be positive, but you also should be practical and honest with yourself, which is how you are being and that is a very good way to be, for you and for Cassie *hug*.
It's good to talk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for cheering me up there Becky It's nice to be ending the day on a more cheerful note for a change!

That's a good idea about the towels, I don't want her to be frightened, coz she's a bit like that, so I'll look out for some,maybe I can easily get a deep bergundy colour out there at the moment. You've put my mind at rest then that it's a nice peaceful end to her very happy and contented life, when the time comes, so thanks for that too.

Dave said he's going to make sure he says his goodbyes to her every morning now, so that I can get the vet out if I have to without having to worry about getting him home. I think I'm right in saying, he would much rather not be here anyway, he's been unable to cope before, and this time it will be worse than ever for both of us, so I'm sort of hoping it happens when he's not around, I will probably cope better myself, especially if there's a woman's shoulder to cry on by way of a nurse, which they say they always send out with the vet.

She hasn't refused any food today, so hopefully, it will keep her going. I'm not bothering with her special powder she has to have either, I'd rather she eats something nice and tasty for onced in her life, coz I really don't think at this stage in the game it's going to make any difference, I hope not anyway, I don't want her ill, but I'll keep an eye on things.

Thanks again for putting my mind at rest, and for the hug.xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm glad that Cassie has had a good day today. All these special meals that you are giving her must be doing the trick! I'm just a bit concerned that you're going to have a chicken shortage in your area at this rate!

Big hugs to you all, especially Cassie. xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Glad to hear all is okay with Cassie. Big hugs for her.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Helena -good to hear from you.
What a time you are having - you must be running on Adrenaline.
Glad she had a good day today.
Hope you have a restful night - hugs to all of you, including poor Georgie - keeping his end up while everything is going one.
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys She's all tucked up snug as a bug in her bed under the stairs now, after tucking into a little bit more chicken - I can't believe how hungry she is today!!! You're right there, there might be a shortage in the South East at this rate!

No doubt she'll move to the other bed I've made up at the bottom of the stairs so she can keep her eye on me up there overnight! Let's hope I get a wagging tail too when I come down tomorrow morning, she's a real little fighter is this Princess.

Thanks again, I will post up tomorrow with hopefully more good news.xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Lovely to hear such a positive post Aitch, after all the very very sad ones. It's nice for us all to smile instead of crying
Delighted to hear Princess Cassie had a good day, with plenty of chicken and all her favourite foods.
Sounds like she had a "good quality" day. Here's hoping there's a few more to come yet.
Loads of hugs coming your way xox
Page 17 of 49 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »