Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pointyhound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-05-2010, 02:29 PM

Affects of hot weather?

How does the hot weather affect your dogs?

Mine can just only do short bursts of activity in the garden before needing a lie down so we don't take him out until evening at the moment.

He's not eating his lunch today though - first time ever in 3 years - so I'm not sure if this is effects of being hot.

Are they less able to cope woth hot weather as they get older? He is 5 now.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Our hairless cresteds would run around in the hot weather all day, if we allowed them to.
The powderpuffs and our Italian Spinone would rather sleep on the cool tiles inside..My JRT doesnt seem to bothered by it, although they all drink loads more, which is understandable.

we walk them earlier in the morning and later at night, in the hope its cooler...we feed there morning meal the same as always but by dinner time its to hot for them to eat so they leave it, so we leave it an hour or so later to feed them, and then they munch it all up!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Quite honestly these don't care what the weather is, and hot weather just does not seem to bother them at all.
I did think that it would with Tess as her coat is so dense, but even she's not bothered by the heat

In fact if it wasn't for me taking them walks either where there is loads of water and shade, or taking them when it cools down, they'd still be flying around regardless
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Cookies a pretty lazy dog she just la around the garden all year lool but sometimes she does eat less when its hot out if I took her park on the other hand shed run around all day and nite lool
dogloverliam
New Member!
Male 

26-05-2010, 11:29 AM
rex is a hyper dog he will run round in the sun if left to but bit funny round feeding tyms
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Our walks in the summer are MUCH shorter than the winter months. Usually we walk down to the park, Dahlia finds a nice place to lay in the shade, and we sit there for awhile before coming back. She gets to enjoy the great outdoors without walking much.

We also try to go out much earlier and later when it's hot out.