View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I just applied for my affix a couple of months ago, I only put 4 choices and they were the same, just spelt differently, I got my certificate back with my 1st choice it will be published in the April Kennel Gazzette.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
I just applied for my affix a couple of months ago, I only put 4 choices and they were the same, just spelt differently, I got my certificate back with my 1st choice it will be published in the April Kennel Gazzette.
ooh what have you chosen? its taking me ages to think of mine...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
no problems, one of my questions was going to be whether you intend having/breeding other breeds. A lot of people that have the English Setters have an affix ending in "set", i.e. Valsett, which is Leons breeder, and I always feel that looks a bit strange on another breed...just my opinion, of course

You could use your cats names and have Ezmyr...I quite like that one

What about something a bit chinesey but with the sunny holidays included like Sunhuan or Sunkai, or Sunglo? I suppose it also depends on what other breeds you are thinking of owning.

So do I, think its a great suggestion, then you are not bogged down with to many letters/words, its catchy and would fit nicely in front of any names.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 03:59 PM
i really like ezmyr.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 04:17 PM
You could also try phoning the Kennel Club. If you ask nicely, they will check for you to see if you have a good chance of getting the affix you want. We got an affix granted, decided we didn't like it and changed to another one. I have to say, don't get you hopes up too much, the KC have funny idea of what you can and can't have In the end we just picked one that we knew we could have. We also didn't submit all the choices, we just spelt the affix differently each time. Make sure you pick something that is easily pronounced or easy to work out how it's meant to be pronounced. There is an affix in my breed that is ALWAYS pronounced wrong and the breeder gets really annoyed

I like Ezmyr though! Sounds nice, and it's a good length
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
oh my god that freaked me out a bit lol i live on th estate in bosley (the only big group of houses) and its called Lakeside!!!
Obviously i didn't know you lived on Lakeside! but I know Bosley, and it was the first thing that popped into my head.
I was also thinking of something to do with Bosley Cloud, but didn'e come up with anything that sounded half decent!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Petra View Post
Obviously i didn't know you lived on Lakeside! but I know Bosley, and it was the first thing that popped into my head.
I was also thinking of something to do with Bosley Cloud, but didn'e come up with anything that sounded half decent!
how do you know bosley? im intrigued not many people know bosley. pm me if you like
Petra
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2010, 05:43 PM
how do you know bosley? im intrigued not many people know bosley. pm me if you like
Nothing very exciting - I used have a friend who lived there many moons ago.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 05:59 PM
i really like ezmyr.
Well, if you go for that and get it, remember me when you make up your first champion

As Jackie said, its short enough to add more or less anything to, and I think its quite exotic and unusual
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2010, 07:28 PM
ooh what have you chosen? its taking me ages to think of mine...
Oenoke, it is also my horse stud prefix, it was a place near where we lived in America, we lived on Ponus Ridge Road, Sagamore Ponus was the Chief of the Ponus tribe of Indians that had lived there, Oenoke was his son.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >