View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2010, 04:12 PM
i think I would be encouraging them to go for an older rescue who is quite happy ploddign along at the same pace as BOb so would be directing them to Oldies Club or something similar - or lab rescue but an OLDER dog in need of a home. These are the type of people they are crying out for - genuine homes who love their dogs and can offer love and a roof but not needing to push the dog more than they need.

There is no way they can cope with a pup and i would come right out and tell them that - surely in their heart of hearts they know that ???
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I am going to do my best Dani to get them to think about an older rescue you are right a pup would be a disaster.

Bob is Anne's partner and I am afraid it is her house and when they lost their last lab before Paddy he was elderly Bob had said he didn't want any more he had always had dogs he had springers when he was younger and was always out walking but he realized he was getting too old, anyway a few weeks after losing him Anne's daughter turns up with Paddy a black lab pup, Soot was a black lab too and she says this is what she wants again.

I really will try to direct her to rescues but I am not sure I will be able to sway her.

One thing for sure I will not be looking for black lab pups as she has asked me to do.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2