View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alsatianpup
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Well I have tried several different treats and none are workign when outside. When we are in the house she loves them all tried bits of chicken, tried sausage only thing I haven't tried is cheese and the reason I can't use cheese is it makes Meesha sick. The thing is when we are in the house she drops the ball for all the treats but when out in the park or up in the fields she just won't drop it. She is the only dog I know who can bark with a ball in her mouth. Any futher advice would be great
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Will she drop the first ball for a second one?
Alsatianpup
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-10-2005, 12:32 PM
no I have tried to exchange it for another ball and even her Kong chew toy that she loves. But once she is outside she doesn't want to drop or swap what ever ball I throw for her. Tried throw each ball and swapping it for the other doesn't work. Even tried throwing the Kong toy then exchanging it for one of the balls and she just looks at me.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Patience is my guess.

And also swap with another ball you will throw when the first is being dropped. Some dogs will not sit and hold the object if theres a treat in sight so my advice is never to use treats on this exercise.

To me, it sounds like your dog has not understood excatly what you want.
It gets the balls, brings it back and then hold on to it.
Try teaching a "let go" command with other objects and train it everywhere (inside too) til it understands what you want.
The reward could be the ball the giving or throwing to it after.
As allways, praise the good behavior, ignore the unwanted..and TTT

Good luck
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2