Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
sorry missed that part (am feeding baby and typing..its a skill!)

Surely by shaving, you are in a roundabout kind of way, cheating!
i was thinking that myself ... as most dogs who win the high profile competitions such as crufts, the price of their offspring go through the roof, and this is because of the assumption that they are naturally the best of their breed, and not an "altered" best of the breed. therefore, people would pay through the nose thinking that they will be getting the very best, when in actual fact, before crufts, say in the CC's case, they had tufts of fur and so are not
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:39 PM
EVERYONE CC will have been, everyone with in the breed or interested should know this. Its not something new, and has always been apart of the breed.

as much as I love talking about the breed, the thread was for them interested in signing to stop coat testing..or not signing if you agree with it.
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:40 PM
i was just using that example as its something that is currently being discussed ... it could be fitted to any breed of dog
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by MadisonSale View Post
i was thinking that myself ... as most dogs who win the high profile competitions such as crufts, the price of their offspring go through the roof, and this is because of the assumption that they are naturally the best of their breed, and not an "altered" best of the breed. therefore, people would pay through the nose thinking that they will be getting the very best, when in actual fact, before crufts, say in the CC's case, they had tufts of fur and so are not
quite. like I said before, in Roughies (and I am guessing similar earred breeds) dogs who's ears do not present in the way the breed standard suggests, have their ears trained to fall in the correct manner.

To my mind, surely instead of shaving to remove hair, and using products to improve texture, breeders should breed from dogs with the desired attributes?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:44 PM
To my mind, surely instead of shaving to remove hair, and using products to improve texture, breeders should breed from dogs with the desired attributes?
You find any CC that needs NO stuble, or tuffs removing then breeders may try!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:44 PM
sorry, will stop asking questions now
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
quite. like I said before, in Roughies (and I am guessing similar earred breeds) dogs who's ears do not present in the way the breed standard suggests, have their ears trained to fall in the correct manner.

breeding from the desired attributes creates problems of its own DD may be able to help better here, but im right in thinking true hairless CCs have bad mouths and dentition, and can have bad back ends, so they bred from the hairier ones to correct this.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:48 PM
sorry, will stop asking questions now
dont be sorry, youre only asking something you dont know. as i said in the above post its hard to find a true hairless, that fits all the other points in the standard, so say you rule out on point in the standard as it fits another ten? if you get what i mean?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Yes the hairer dogs have better, and stronger dentition. Better overall conformation, instead of weak front and back ends and roached top lines - with these improvement came 'more' unwanted body hair.. BUT unwanted body hair has always been a part of the breed, even on the most true hairless.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
so i can still clip asbo? and also do you reckon plush puppy shampoos and conditioners and other products are ok? as thats what i use most of the time
I wouldnt have thought a "hairless" dog had to be clipped at all? We have been there before though.

I would imagine a dog shampoo is fine, its hairspray, chalk, powder, gel and other products for human use I have issue with and I think thats what the main argument is about.
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »