View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-07-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm so pleased that Dave will be home for the weekend and in a way I think it's good they didn't find anything. Being the boss of a small business can be incredibly stressful at times and it sounds like he needs a good rest. You too Helena, both of you do a bit of battery re-charging, put the world on hold, switch off the news, the phone, the business, (Both of them!) just sit in the garden and watch Zena & Georgie doing what they always do
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Lisa and thankyou Malka, you are a very wise, old grandma aren't you, and the answer to all 3 questions there is "nobody" coz Helena has nobody other than Dave and her friends (who are busy working), coz sadly, gone are the days when I had a wonderful mum who always cared about me, let alone a lovely grandma, so I'm next I suppose! You are now officially adopted as my cybergrandma if you'll take up the challenge lol!

Now at last, I have some GOOD news! All the tests came up with nothing Am I to believe that then?? I suppose I have to. Dave is not a hyperchondriac (sp?), he never goes to the quack, he never complains, he suffers in silence as I've seen so many times over the past 30 years with these migraines, and I just can't understand why they are so different since 2 weeks ago if there is nothing wrong So I'm off to collect him, and hope for the best then. He's not going to work that's for sure, and I'm going to hide his car keys over the week-end so he can have a week off next week, coz he's never had more than a couple of days a YEAR for the past 10 years and that's all gotta change. This was a warning, and sometimes you don't get two do ya!

I can't thank you all enough for being here for me in my time of need, I really don't know what I'd do without Dogsey during my traumatic times of which there have been a few over the past 8 years as some of you will remember only too well! Let's hope I can r-e-l-a-x for a long time now coz I feel like I really need it. There's nothing like a bit of stress to put another nail in that coffin is there, let alone those lines on my face, or the grey hairs.

Now Bev, things have gotten a bit behind here now, what with all of this going on, (soooo inconvenient with hubby in hospital ) so if you're up for a bit of shoe shining, plant watering, come on down, and don't forget yer feather duster and pinny or those home made cakes!!! I'll put me feet up now then!

Phew! and that's a big PHEW!!!
Ahhh you put your feet up & relax Mrs B! SO SO pleased to hear Dave is coming home...or am I late & hes already home?! I dunno which way is up today so I'll probably end up baking your shoes & polishing you with cake

Take it easy hunni, relax with him you both deserve it!!!

Bev xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Good news!

Get him to chill.

rune
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 09:29 PM
So glad things are looking so much better. Sounds like a bit of enforced relaxation for the pair of you is in order .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks to all of you, for your good wishes and for making me laugh too coz I do like a good laugh

All is quiet on the home front now, Dave is home and chilling in front of the telly, so are the dogs, Zena is pleased she's got her little pack back together how she likes it, and I'm getting done what I should have been doing over the past 3 days, so back on track.

We've rung the quack and she's prescribed some pills for him and some ab's coz he's got an infection apparently (that could have caused this I suppose along with a bad migraine who knows!).

When I got him home I told him to go out into the garden before I let Zena out because I knew how ballistic she would go and I didn't want any more injuries thanks! OMG, she went berserk at him, screaming her head off, leaping in the air around him with her slipper in her gob, lol it was soooo funny!!! Thankfully, no injuries were sustained in the attack!

One thing I have learned from this episode, well 2 actually. One being Georgie is much, much happier being left outside overnight with the bootroom door open plus we get a proper night's sleep, and the second one is, I don't think we ought to make our proposed move too far away from Dave's workshop just yet, because if ever I were to be ill like this, I'm left at home for 4 days on my own with the dogs, and I might be so ill I couldn't even feed and water them, with no friends to call on coz they'd still be over this way, so I've made a decision, we are still moving, but a lot closer to home, so that Dave can make it home from work each night. It could all be fate ya know! I'm a great believer in fate am I

Anyhoo, I'm taking it easy today, done what I needed, popped into the estate agent and apparently there are now 3 people queueing up to view, so I've told them to shove them all into one slot and get it over with, because the way I like to leave this house for them to view, is extremely difficult for me with 2 big dogs wrecking it, and I'm not going to kill myself off by all this daily cleaning routine, life's too short lol!

Thanks again guys, here endeth another nightmare on High Street then, but I'm sure there'll be more....... xxxxxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Glad that Dave is back home with you now. Make sure you both get some well needed rest and de-stress.x
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:13 AM
YEAH!!!! Dave is back home!!!!!

So pleased it's "just" an infection!! Now he must take it easy for couple days so, you can ALL recover.

Sounds like a good plan you have there Mrs H.

Hope the viewings go well and you can put all this behind you
and you get the home you want.

Take care and have a relaxing weekend (right, like thats gonna happen!! )

xxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm so glad Dave's home now I read this thread with my fingers crossed that he'd be OK x

Everything you said at the start of this thread brings back memories My hubby had headache's like you described, he went to the hospital, they said blaster headache's and sent him home......Few days later he still wasn't well so he went to see the GP, who sent him straight to hospital.

After several scans, and a lumber puncture, they still couldn't work out what was wrong with him. They kept him in hospital for 5 days.....

It turned out he had a Chiari Malformation, he was shifted to a hospital miles away where he had brain surgery.

It really was such an awful time, and I'm just so glad Dave is back home with you...

Look after yourselves xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
OMG, she went berserk at him, screaming her head off, leaping in the air around him with her slipper in her gob, lol it was soooo funny!!! Thankfully, no injuries were sustained in the attack!

One thing I have learned from this episode, well 2 actually. One being Georgie is much, much happier being left outside overnight with the bootroom door open plus we get a proper night's sleep,

and the second one is, I don't think we ought to make our proposed move too far away from Dave's workshop just yet, because if ever I were to be ill like this, I'm left at home for 4 days on my own with the dogs, and I might be so ill I couldn't even feed and water them,
1) Zena sounds just like our Rianna, I think it's so lovely that even 'tho they can't speak they sure as hell can let you know that the're glad you are back, I get it from Rianna every time I go away (From Bara too but in a more 'regal' way )

2) Bara also prefers to sleep outside and has always done so, in summer we leave the back door open but she rarely comes in.

3) Maybe this is a kind of warning, move, but stay close to where Dave is and that way you'll be able to help each other if the need ever arose. I'm sure there are plenty of places in your vicinity aren't there
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Sounds to me like classic work related stress, I used to get almost paralysing migraines whilst I was at work, the pain was awful. Despite loads of tests nothing was found, they migraines stopped once my ex employers terminated my contract on medical inefficiency grounds !!

Big hugs to you both & defo chill for at least the weekend if not the next week !
Page 9 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »