View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2005, 10:24 AM

D.A.P. Diffuser (effectiveness of dog appeasement pheromone diffuser?)

I was at the vet's today with Millie (Booster) and mentioned about her being a bit 'Hyper'. Also that I was worried about Bonfire night. She asked me if I had a diffuser. It seems that these have a calming effect on all dogs and in the leaflet it says that helps with barking, house soiling, and destructive behaviour. It has a hormone called Pheromone, which helps have a calming effect. I am going to try it to see if Millie and Patch get any help. Don't want to give them pills would rather try this. It costs £22 and refills are £15. Well worth it if it helps. Will let yous Know.
Regards,
AnneXX
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 10:28 AM
I've got a spare DAP diffuser if anybody is interested, you just need a refill.
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I've got a spare DAP diffuser if anybody is interested, you just need a refill.
Did you find it helped at all? Millie is very nervy and I would love to help her.
AnneX
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Anne
Did you find it helped at all? Millie is very nervy and I would love to help her.
AnneX
We bought it this time last year, as Rosie was having pups and very nervous of the fireworks.....to be honest we were told for best results the DAP has to be running for around 6 weeks BEFORE bonfire night, so it was really a bit late for us, we didn't really notice any difference, our children went to my parents house for 5th November and I stayed at home with Rosie sat on the settee with me, tv up loud and making lots of fuss of her....even put our son's pop up tent in the living room, she spent most of the evening in there!
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
We bought it this time last year, as Rosie was having pups and very nervous of the fireworks.....to be honest we were told for best results the DAP has to be running for around 6 weeks BEFORE bonfire night, so it was really a bit late for us, we didn't really notice any difference, our children went to my parents house for 5th November and I stayed at home with Rosie sat on the settee with me, tv up loud and making lots of fuss of her....even put our son's pop up tent in the living room, she spent most of the evening in there!
Yes they told me we should have it for at least 2 weeks, but I shall give it a try. The vet said if we keep it, it should help Millie with her anxiety and calm her down a little. It's worth a try.
Thank you,
AnneX
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 10:49 AM
What exactly is it?
Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about, what it looks like etc.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 11:04 AM
It looks like a plug in air freshener........with a bottle of fluid which contains a liquid hormone called Pheromone
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 11:04 AM
we are considering buying one for indie for when we move as she gets nervy in unfamiliar enviroments. Wheres the easiest place to get one?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 11:15 AM
it is the pheremones of a lactating bitch,which can have a calming effect on some dogs.we use the diffuser for bonfire night and we also use the spray for delaney when i have to go out as it helps with his chewing,in fact yesterday i left him for 2 hours and i came home to no damage it is definately worth a try
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I used it for jake last year as he is petrified of the bangs it certainly worked as each time I plugged it in he slept like a baby. I am also using it this year last year I hadn't been using it for the weeks leading up to bonfire night and it still worked. You can buy it for 18 pounds and the refils for 14 so shop around!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >