View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh hun, my heart goes out to you... I have been in a reversal of the situation you are going through, had to rehome my cat, when Jamie came home We tried everything too... she made herself so sick....
I wish you every success in getting her a great home and send you ((((BIG SETTER HUGS)))) Take care hun, thinking of you xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Mia has taken the news quite hard but she does understand the reasons why, difficult to explain to a 6 year old but i'm sure she will be ok.

She sees Ruby as a big live teddy bear and will be very upset to see her go, as we all will but i really do believe it is the best thing for all, as hard as it may be.

I really dont know what else to do
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Jules, I am so sorry. You really are stuck between a rock and a hard place. *hug*
I wish you well in finding her a new perfect home. x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Mia has taken the news quite hard but she does understand the reasons why, difficult to explain to a 6 year old but i'm sure she will be ok.

She sees Ruby as a big live teddy bear and will be very upset to see her go, as we all will but i really do believe it is the best thing for all, as hard as it may be.

I really dont know what else to do
I think you've tried and tried so what else can you do?
Is there a Shar pei rescue who could help you find a new home?
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I think you've tried and tried so what else can you do?
Is there a Shar pei rescue who could help you find a new home?
Yes, i have contacted them, also another site that only advertises Shar pei's , in fact where i first saw her, so we will see if i get any interest but they will have to do alot to impress me enough to let her go!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
heart breaking for you ,i bet someone lovely will come along
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
heart breaking for you ,i bet someone lovely will come along
I really do hope so
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi, just wanted to send you a hug, sorry for your difficult decision. Sometimes there are no other options and it looks like you have all come to that point.

Might be worth putting a notice on here, you may be able to find a lovely home with someone who you have talked to and know alot about already. Just a thought, but they may have not read this thread, but could be looking for a new companion.

Anyway good luck, i know how hard it is - keep us informed.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I do worry about Diesel and how he will react to her not being here, they have such a strong bond and he has been much happier since having a companion.
I understand you have tried hard to try and get Ruby and the cats to tolerate each other, and I admire you for that, some people wouldn't even bother to try.

However, going by what you have said above, I think I would be rehoming the cats. How many have you got?

Cats are more independant than dogs, dogs are more sociable animals than cats and I think they do better with companions in most situations, IMO, and if you think Diesel will be saddened and upset by losing Ruby, then I would think of the dogs in this situation and rehome the cats.

I couldn't separate my dogs if they had such a strong bond as you describe, I just couldn't.

Sorry, just my opinion.

I wish you all the best in finding a fantastic cat-free home for her. Will it be nearby where the dogs could still meet up?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I hope no-one will judge you or make you feel bad about your decision. It is obvious to me just how hard you have tried and how much you love Ruby.

I hope you find a fantastic, cat-free home for her.

Thinking of you.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >