View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I do worry about Diesel and how he will react to her not being here, they have such a strong bond and he has been much happier since having a companion.

I guess we will have to wait and see
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh Sweetheart, what a decision to have to make but all those of us who have read your posts will know you couldn't have tried more.
My dogs and cats don't mix, but I'm lucky in that they don't have to, the dogs have downstairs and the cats have upstairs, otherwise I could well be in your position.

Sometimes people can judge when you rehome, but when it is best all round, why?

Yes, think of Morganstars's Woody.... and my Inca. I'm sure they would never have wanted to rehome if it could be avoided but the both have wonderful lives.

Ruby will be fine, and I'm sure Diesel will be too. It's poor you and Mia I feel sorry for, big hugs to you both.
Becks xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Thank you

I still dont "want" to do it but i will be VERY choosy about where she goes
As long as you make sure that the new home is a real dog loving home then I support you. We don't have any cats but Bara is exactly the same, there is one who comes around our fence sometimes and she goes mad.

The strange thing is that Ruby might get a cat in it's mouth but not actually bite, Bara did this once when we were visiting some friends, there are loads of strays around there. The cat died but when I buried it I noticed no blood or wounds at all, I think it must have been shock.

Anyway, you've tried, and please tell us when you've found somewhere for her to go.

P.S. - Dogs, IMO are quite adaptable, she might pine for a bit but if she's getting everything a dog should be getting then she'll be fine.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
As long as you make sure that the new home is a real dog loving home then I support you. We don't have any cats but Bara is exactly the same, there is one who comes around our fence sometimes and she goes mad.

The strange thing is that Ruby might get a cat in it's mouth but not actually bite, Bara did this once when we were visiting some friends, there are loads of strays around there. The cat died but when I buried it I noticed no blood or wounds at all, I think it must have been shock.

Anyway, you've tried, and please tell us when you've found somewhere for her to go.

P.S. - Dogs, IMO are quite adaptable, she might pine for a bit but if she's getting everything a dog should be getting then she'll be fine.
I do understand what you are saying and TBH i really dont think Ruby is aggressive towards the cats and she just thinks its a big game BUT the cats dont see the funny side, can i risk that she wouldnt bite if she got hold of one? Also i dont want Ruby to get injured, she already has scratches and if one was to catch her in her eye she will be blinded.

She will be staying here until the "perfect" home is found and VETTED!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Oh Jules, I'm so sorry it's come to this.

I know you've tried really, really hard to make it work, but in the end, it's quality of life that counts, not just for Ruby, but for Mia, Deisel and yourself too.

Big hugs honey - I'm with you in spirit xxx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 04:34 PM
oh hun i am really sorry to hear this i now you have worked so hard i wish you all luck finding a good a home let us now how it all goes hugs to you hun xxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 04:40 PM
So sorry to hear this Jules but we all know how hard you've tried and you have to do what you feel is best. Good luck hun. xx
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that that must be really hard. I'm sure you're doing what's best for your situation, don't mind what other people think. Good luck with finding Ruby a new home, I'm sure you'll find just the right place for her
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
such a tough decision to make

best of luck in finding a new home for Ruby, im sure you'll find her a loving home and you can all rest easy knowing it has been the best for everyone xxx

good luck
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm sorry it's come to this,I've been following the other threads.

I admire you that you've put your own feeling's aside and are thinking long term about Ruby and your cats.Nobody can't say you haven't tried because you have really worked hard.
I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you.

Hugs to you and Mia xx
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »