View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I've got Buffalo Olives (like beef olives but made with meat from water buffalo) 70-90% less fat than beef and around 50% lower cholesterol apparently. Higher in the Omegas and amino acids, protein and iron too. Apparently they need less antibiotic treatments than cows etc too.

I will give them a go and let you all know how it goes

Going to make a sauce using canned tomatoes, tomato puree etc

Hope its nice I will probably have a good amount of veg with them too.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Well done on the loss Natalie!

This morning I had porridge with skimmed milk and sultanas to sweeten it, then for lunch I had a wrap with chicken lettuce and cucumber, a weight watchers mini chocolate muffin (only 85 calories ) and and apple

Natalie, let us know how that goes!

Finding good healthy recipies is something I am bad at tbh! lol, so that's great people are saying what they have been eating
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Congrats on the weight loss Dobermann My scale only does whole pounds, need to invest in a better one really.

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I used to run and its great but dont even try for 2 mins running in the begining. Aim for 30 secs jog, 2 min walk, alternate so you do 20 mins altogether and then you can build up from there (always walk for 5-10 mins first to warm up, and again to cool down at the end). That would be my advice anyway.
I followed the couch to 5k thing, 60 seconds of jogging, 90 seconds of walking. I only got through 2 lots of jogging before I had to quit because of the pain.

I had chicken, rice and sweet and sour sauce for lunch. God knows what I'll end up having for dinner.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
My scale only does whole pounds, need to invest in a better one really.

Same, mine is in stones/pounds, so I have to just calculate it into pounds, but means I only get whole pounds too!

My brother goes to the gym a lot and never seems to be sore... he said the trick to NOT having sore muscles later that day/the next day, is to have some sugar (he has an apple) within 20 mins of stopping the exercise, but asap really.

Doing that he can go to the gym for up to and over 2 hours at a time and not hurt the next day!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Well done on the loss Natalie!
thank you!
This morning I had porridge with skimmed milk and sultanas to sweeten it, then for lunch I had a wrap with chicken lettuce and cucumber, a weight watchers mini chocolate muffin (only 85 calories ) and and apple
hmm, yum, that sounds good! I have been having Activia yoghurts every morning for breakfast, I got them on offer Problem for me is (with porridge) I like the Golden Syrup sachets you get It's not as healthy but then I think if I factor it in it should be ok, so theres as idea, might get them next week and have chopped banana in it for breakfast
Natalie, let us know how that goes!
will do! I'll need to be careful though cos apparently it cooks a lot faster than beef with it being so much leaner. That's probably a bonus during the week though for a lot of people
Finding good healthy recipies is something I am bad at tbh! lol, so that's great people are saying what they have been eating
well if my sauce works out I will let you know how I made it cos haven't thought it through other than tomatoes yet Same if i find any good recipes.

I think its a good idea that people share their foods etc if they are happy to as it gives you ideas, variety....people like different things but sometimes you get in a rut (least I do) and actually forget about stuff you like until someone mentions it
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Congrats on the weight loss Dobermann My scale only does whole pounds, need to invest in a better one really.
thanks, I borrowed someone elses Salter ones and you can change it to; ST&LB, KG's or LB's, I'm just going by lbs for now

I followed the couch to 5k thing, 60 seconds of jogging, 90 seconds of walking. I only got through 2 lots of jogging before I had to quit because of the pain.
when I started off years ago I found that Couch To 5K was a bit much, I had to do less, if I tried to follow that to the letter I just would have given up I think! I had to cut down the run times in the beginning, I found that better and was still running over 3 miles within a few months, without having to walk, so I think that 'programme' is a bit rushed, better slowly than being put off is what I found, suppose its a guideline though.just what I thought of it
I had chicken, rice and sweet and sour sauce for lunch. God knows what I'll end up having for dinner.
Same, mine is in stones/pounds, so I have to just calculate it into pounds, but means I only get whole pounds too!

My brother goes to the gym a lot and never seems to be sore... he said the trick to NOT having sore muscles later that day/the next day, is to have some sugar (he has an apple) within 20 mins of stopping the exercise, but asap really.

Doing that he can go to the gym for up to and over 2 hours at a time and not hurt the next day!
Stretching afterwards and eating a little protein is good for stopping aches.

Look what you lot have done to me! First you insipre me to lose weight again, now you are making me realise how little exercise I do now compared to before..youve got me thinking about upping my exercise now
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:58 PM

I think its a good idea that people share their foods etc if they are happy to as it gives you ideas, variety....people like different things but sometimes you get in a rut (least I do) and actually forget about stuff you like until someone mentions it
Yeah that's like me too! I tend to turn to the same few things and forget about others, so sharing is good!

ETA:

Stretching afterwards and eating a little protein is good for stopping aches.

Look what you lot have done to me! First you insipre me to lose weight again, now you are making me realise how little exercise I do now compared to before..youve got me thinking about upping my exercise now

Sorry I am gonna try and up my exercise too though! Alfie can't do more than his one walk a day really.... so has to be on my own the second one! I would looove an elliptical machine but don't have anywhere for one lol
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I thought about dropping the run time of couch to 5k but the thought of going through that pain again puts me off trying. Especially as I have to walk to the shop and back and it's a mile each way, I could barely walk across the room last time! I have no idea what the problem was, it was my shins rather than my calves and every step for days after was agony.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Aww, not sure what would have caused pain in your shins!

I am thinking of maybe joining a gym..... my brother goes like between 2-4 times a week, so could just tag along with him some days.

ETA: Normally i avoid gyms as they are full of really skinny people but he says this one isn't too bad for that
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I thought about dropping the run time of couch to 5k but the thought of going through that pain again puts me off trying. Especially as I have to walk to the shop and back and it's a mile each way, I could barely walk across the room last time! I have no idea what the problem was, it was my shins rather than my calves and every step for days after was agony.
technique mainly I think and pushing yourself too much, too soon maybe. Its maybe a better idea for you to build up your walking, get to the point of walking fast where it feels easier to jog than it does to walk, before thinking about jogging/running. Even that is best built up over time though. But I think the most important thing is to find something you like to do, which is hard for you with the swimming. (any aquaerobics where you are?)
Aww, not sure what would have caused pain in your shins!

I am thinking of maybe joining a gym..... my brother goes like between 2-4 times a week, so could just tag along with him some days.

ETA: Normally i avoid gyms as they are full of really skinny people but he says this one isn't too bad for that
you'd be surprised though, most gyms are full of all ages, shapes and sizes

I am thinking about trying out Zumba
Page 14 of 29 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »