Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Man kicking dog

Went for a walk earlier this afternoon, on the way back a man was walking towards us with a shih tzu on a flexi lead. It started pulling towards us, the man started shouting at it and dragging it back, then he started kicking it I said "oi there's no need for that" to which his reply was"F*** off you stupid b***h and mind your own F*****g business". The poor little dog Should I have challanged him more? Am really angry
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I always worry if I challenge people like that too much they may take it out on the dog Best to ring the dog warden and let them know it's happening and where and who of course.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Thats horrid. I would of found it hard to say much more because I too would be worried he would take it out on the dog
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I wonder about that too, do they take it out on the dog for 'showing them up ', have never seen him before(was a tall man,swaggering) even though we often walk there in the afternoon and generally see same people with their dogs. I can't stand seeing any animal mistreated
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 07:56 PM
91 views , two replies? (Thankyou both, is much appreciated) Maybe should've been on you tube?
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2010, 08:06 PM
How awful
As already said get onto your local dog warden you might not be able to provide alot of inrmation but someone else may have seen him doing the same before.
Poor doggy.
Dont question yourself theres not much you could have done on your own :*(
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I wouldnt know what to do in that sort of situation, same as you I would think. What sort of person acts like that
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2010, 08:25 PM
That is shocking, makes my blood boil.

Definitely report, I don't know what else you could do in a situation like that. Film him and stick it on you tube.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Been in the same situation and I did more...to the extent of the man pushing my neice and her boyfriend and slamming my car door into her boyfriends chest..I then got out the car and really challenged him,,,poking him in the chest and making him back up..striaght across a two lane road in front of about 100 school kids shouting "fight fight, kick his ass hen"..etc etc..

The idiot was then charged with breach of the peace and the SSPCA came out to check the dog..(it had been hit by a car right in front of me..neices boyfriend caught the dog and gave it back to owner and he kicked it and shouted at it..so I shouted at him!)
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Been in the same situation and I did more...to the extent of the man pushing my neice and her boyfriend and slamming my car door into her boyfriends chest..I then got out the car and really challenged him,,,poking him in the chest and making him back up..striaght across a two lane road in front of about 100 school kids shouting "fight fight, kick his ass hen"..etc etc..

The idiot was then charged with breach of the peace and the SSPCA came out to check the dog..(it had been hit by a car right in front of me..neices boyfriend caught the dog and gave it back to owner and he kicked it and shouted at it..so I shouted at him!)
That's terrible, hope he get's a good kicking sometime. Thanks for your replies, I have spoken to the dog warden but they can't do much as don't know where the man lives,just hope the little dog is ok.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >