View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
How do you give a star? Blimey I'm flummoxed!
Chocolate anyone?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 03:48 PM
You click on rating at the top of the whole page on the right hand side...It seems someone has added another one...lol...

Perhpas it is LUz trying to show her distaste, she as we speak is frantically clicking away on the stars...LOL...not knowing they are a good thing!

Yeah give me chocolate!!
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Anybody else adding to this thread from now on will be severely punished, Azz put a bloody big lock on it and throw away the key!
Why on earth should a lock be put on it, its a disccussion and as happens discussions develop and embrace other subjects, healthy disscussion is the bread and butter of all forums.

Actually Lucky star, I have read the thread from the beginning, and all I've read is the same old formula trotted out by breeders, nothing new, just restating the same position.

To approach the subject form a commercial point of view, which is exactly what it is, a puppy changes hands for an agreed sum of money, I as a buyer expect absolute transparency from the seller, other wise I'm entitled to think something is being hidden.

I've never read or heard a convincing reason for not discussing the price from the off set, all the talk of health checks, and while health checks are important they are part and parcel of breeding healthy dogs so should be taken as read, champions and cruft winners etc is just a smoke screen, the vast majority of pedigree dogs sold are pets and they can have a list of champions as long as your arm, but they'll never be a champion, if they were, rest assured they wouldn't be sold on.

So has anyone got the definitive answer as to why price is a touchy subject when negotiating a sale.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm alright now dont worry, those white coated men can only take me when the ticks in my head get so bad I'm squatting flies all day and they have already been to see me today and said i was beyond repair now?? Thats good, thought I may of been going mad. Obviously not!!
The stars I think represent the feeling of others towards the thread and it has been given - Bad.
Having read through the threads it seems the majority of other dogwebbers are not enjoying it.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by lollippy
Why on earth should a lock be put on it, its a disccussion and as happens discussions develop and embrace other subjects, healthy disscussion is the bread and butter of all forums.

Actually Lucky star, I have read the thread from the beginning, and all I've read is the same old formula trotted out by breeders, nothing new, just restating the same position.

To approach the subject form a commercial point of view, which is exactly what it is, a puppy changes hands for an agreed sum of money, I as a buyer expect absolute transparency from the seller, other wise I'm entitled to think something is being hidden.

I've never read or heard a convincing reason for not discussing the price from the off set, all the talk of health checks, and while health checks are important they are part and parcel of breeding healthy dogs so should be taken as read, champions and cruft winners etc is just a smoke screen, the vast majority of pedigree dogs sold are pets and they can have a list of champions as long as your arm, but they'll never be a champion, if they were, rest assured they wouldn't be sold on.

So has anyone got the definitive answer as to why price is a touchy subject when negotiating a sale.
Because Lollipop this has been going on since February and people start to get a bit fed up after a while if you and your dog kept getting a grilling you too would get sick after 6 months. You are a junior dogwebber and havent been with this from the beginning. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by lollippy

Sheesh just when I thought I could relax a bit and get ready to go out tonght (it takes a long time these days )

Lollipop I never said anything about you reading from the beginning - what I said was this:

Okay firstly it is NOT the most important aspect. What about breed temperament? What about size? What about exercise requirements? What about health?

Surely we determine these requirements and then investigate breeds which meet it, then find out the price of each?

Also, having an amount in your bank account of £500/£1000/£2000 available to buy a puppy does not mean that over the next 10 years you will have the means to support that dog!

Secondly, with clothes I know what I want and then look into the best, cost effective way of getting it. But QUALITY is important too.

Thirdly, IMHO I think all breeds come at a very high price. I hope this deters the "I want this for my kids for Christmas" owner but SADLY I don't think it does.

Now - I did not BUY from a commercial point of view. NATURALLY, it was a consideration but not the over-riding factor. I'm bored with stating my reasons and as you have stated that you have read everything - please see previous posts, but note, that is MY personal point of view.

Price is not a touchy subject, just not the only consideration. I would rather have a healthy, sweet-natured, even tempered dog than an aggressive one. THAT would be ONE of my most important requirements.

Myschievous has explained her reasoning for discussions about price.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Because Lollipop this has been going on since February and people start to get a bit fed up after a while if you and your dog kept getting a grilling you too would get sick after 6 months. You are a junior dogwebber and havent been with this from the beginning. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!
Junior dogwebber or not. Archer started this thread to find out the cost, now it seems the thread is about stars and a personel conversation between a few ppl??

Besides, how many have been here from the beginning? I havent

Edited to say, it seems LS is willing to answer the Q
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Who the heck are you telling me that this has nothing to do with me.

If your the board adminstrator, you still have no right to tell me that my views are invalid because I'm a JUNIOR DOGWEBBER, a public forum is just that, PUBLIC, and exists for the exchange of views.

May I respectfully suggest if your fed up with this thread try this little tip, when your cursor is over the thread, don't click on it, dead easy.

An explanation of exactly why this has nothing to do with me would be very much appreciated.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy
I totally agree this thread has been done to death now. Come on guys lets drop it now. Archer asked a question, she eventually got the answer to that question.
I agree with Roxy and I think the question has been answered to the satisfaction of most people , now before it gets any more personal I think we should leave it there
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Perhaps I'm not making myself quite clear.

What I don't understand is why the mention of price should, for some breeders, should automatically bar a potential buyer for a pup, that is just an arbitory excuse to use, one could say all owners with a huge garden and home all day would make great owners, and as we all know that is simply not true.
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >