Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ive read that, its sad, and the ending really annoyed me!!!
I've read it to although was a while ago so can't really remeber the ending

I've just started reading Play to Kill by P.J. Tracy, this is the latest one, i've read all the others and really enjoyed them
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:56 AM
i'm currently knee deep in exam revision if that counts as a book? the neuroanatomy text book iv been revising from has been a thrilling read so far
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 04:10 PM
At the moment i'm reading Martina Cole 'Hard Girls' and it's pretty good.

I mainly read animal based books like the stuff Jon Katz has written and all those true stories about people owning dogs and their life with them but I fancied a change and bought the Martina Cole book.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Clarissa Dickson Wrights autobiography and jilly Coopers new one "Jumpers"
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult very good but disturbing and sad about a teenage school shooter and what drove him to it.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 05:38 PM
added a bitThe first part of my Amazon order has arrived for my "holiday reading"
1) Martina Cole - The Family.
I've read all her books & been very patient with this one as the hardback was out before Xmas, but I don't like hardbacks so have waited for the paperback. I didn't like her last 2 books, a bit too repetitive, but the reviews say this one is more back to her old style.

2) Mandasue Heller - Two Faced
This was out last year but I didn't go on holiday so didn't get it!

3) Mandasue Heller - The Driver.
This is released in a few weeks so I've pre ordered

Read all her books too (similar style to Martina)

& that's my holiday reading sorted - it's the only time I read a whole book!!

oh & I saw a book on the swap shelf at work which I took, it's called "Searching For Tilly"... it was the Title that got me!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
At the moment i'm reading Martina Cole 'Hard Girls' and it's pretty good.

I mainly read animal based books like the stuff Jon Katz has written and all those true stories about people owning dogs and their life with them but I fancied a change and bought the Martina Cole book.
|you may get hooked on Martina, I did
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2011, 05:41 PM
last friday to this monday i read the "girl with the dragon tattoo by steig larsson".
last night i started "valdez is coming by elmore leonard", im just about to finish the last 15 pages,....nice western.

in between i have been reading and taking study notes from "animals in translation by temple grandin".

oh, last saturday afternoon i read "of mice and men by john steinbeck", which is a great short 90 pages story about some drifters during depression era america.

i have also read 4 of the true blood/southern vampire mysteries the last couple months. they are brill.

i read 2 thirds of "interview with a vampire by anne" rice a couple weeks back but had to return the book to my freind and its been booked up in the library since.
the week before i read "year of wonders by geraldine brooks", a beautiful story about an english plague village in 1666.

i read a wallander crime story about a month ago, and i have another one waiting on my desk tonight.
brilliant atmospheric books.

speaking of henning mankell, i can also recommend eyes of the leopard, a story about a swedish white farmer in africa..

also have waiting on my desk a val mcdermid crime novel, tales of two species by patricia mcdonnell, control unleashed,....looking forward to both of these, as they tune into my view that operant conditioning is overstated.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
last friday to this monday i read the "girl with the dragon tattoo by steig larsson".
last night i started "valdez is coming by elmore leonard", im just about to finish the last 15 pages,....nice western.

in between i have been reading and taking study notes from "animals in translation by temple grandin".

oh, last saturday afternoon i read "of mice and men by john steinbeck", which is a great short 90 pages story about some drifters during depression era america.

i have also read 4 of the true blood/southern vampire mysteries the last couple months. they are brill.

i read 2 thirds of "interview with a vampire by anne" rice a couple weeks back but had to return the book to my freind and its been booked up in the library since.
the week before i read "year of wonders by geraldine brooks", a beautiful story about an english plague village in 1666.

i read a wallander crime story about a month ago, and i have another one waiting on my desk tonight.
brilliant atmospheric books.

speaking of henning mankell, i can also recommend eyes of the leopard, a story about a swedish white farmer in africa..

also have waiting on my desk a val mcdermid crime novel, tales of two species by patricia mcdonnell, control unleashed,....looking forward to both of these, as they tune into my view that operant conditioning is overstated.
we had to study of mice and men at school, i liked it but others found it quite boring... and i love interview with the vampire. you should also read the vampire lestat by anne rice
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Val Mc Dermid is brilliant---I can't put them down once I start.

I just discovered Elizabeth George who writes the Inspector Linley ones---they are good as well.

rune
Page 11 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »