Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Doesn't Cowell own RATM's record label, Sony????
No, they own him! Not the point though. I can't be bothered to explain.
Jackpot
New Member!
Female 

18-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Also, we DO realise that Sony is the overarching record company that owns both artists. We know that no matter which one wins we have lined their pockets, so there is no need for the media to keep pronouncing this as some sort of battle cry because again, you miss the point entirely.

(P.S. To help out the many reporters who continue to insinuate that we are being somehow used or duped, pointing out that we are lining Mr Cowell’s pockets by supporting Rage and thus defeating the purpose, we’ll provide you with the research and fact checking that you as a responsible journalist should have done yourself instead of being so quick to jump on the bandwagon. Simon Cowell DOES NOT own Sony Records. SyCo, which is Simon’s record label, is a completely different entity from Epic, with whom Rage are signed. Yes they are both owned by Sony but Simon is FAR from the head of Sony records (at least for now!) and so neither he nor his record label get anything from the sale of any Rage products or tracks!)

While on the subject of money it’s worth noting here that almost all news reports, before today, also failed to notice or report on the fact that the group members have also given almost £45,000 of their own money to homeless charity Shelter and that the band’s guitarist Tom Morello has promised to donate his royalties from the extra sales of the single to both Shelter and Youth Music, another music organisation helping to break down the barriers for young people to be involved in music.

http://saveourmusicindustry.com/
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 12:58 PM
thats a classic track from Rage Against the Machine!!!!!!!.............how does the x-factor one go again??
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Whether Rage (allthough not by their own making) pull this off or not - it's just great to see that whilst so many millions enjoy the X-Factor and are prepared to vote for and buy the product - there's now a means for those don't agree with the concept to make a stand against those they feel simply manufacture music for money.

Rage against the commercial machine is what it's all about and good luck to all that feel strongly about it.

I'm sure at the end of the day Joe will get his Christmas number one and good luck to him as he's a nice lad but it would be great for a real band to at least push him all the way without having had the last few months of mass marketing and media hype.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Congratulations to Rage Against the Machine !!!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Congratulations to Rage Against the Machine !!!!!
That is too funny! LMAO.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, fork me, we didn't buy what Simon Cowell sold us!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm not impressed he's a talented lad and I don't think its fair whats happened. Ruined a young lad's moment in the spotlight for what...a record that in a couple of weeks that will be forgotten and those who do remember it will call it "you know that song that stopped the x factor winner from being number one at Christmas" - imagine it was your son/daughter/grandchild who had gone through all that week in week out to finally win and not even get to be number one - I'd be very sad and I would honestly be very upset with the British public.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
..a record that in a couple of weeks that will be forgotten and those who do remember it will call it "you know that song that stopped the x factor winner from being number one at Christmas" - imagine it was your son/daughter/grandchild who had gone through all that week in week out to finally win and not even get to be number one - I'd be very sad and I would honestly be very upset with the British public.
blimey, until you used the phrase "you know that song that stopped the x factor winner from being number one at Christmas" i could have sworn you were describing most x Factor winners or finalists there

(sans Leona and Will, of course)

umm..........
......my son or daughter get to number 2 at xmas, then, say number 1 the week after xmas (?), win a variety show out of 200, 000 or so people (i think?) and gets given a million quid even before his song comes out.

i think you are might be right, i would be crying rivers of tears.............................

...............all the way to the bank!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
blimey, until you used the phrase "you know that song that stopped the x factor winner from being number one at Christmas" i could have sworn you were describing most x Factor winners or finalists there

(sans Leona and Will, of course)

umm..........
......my son or daughter get to number 2 at xmas, then, say number 1 the week after xmas (?), win a variety show out of 200, 000 or so people (i think?) and gets given a million quid even before his song comes out.

i think you are might be right, i would be crying rivers of tears.............................

...............all the way to the bank!
Leona and Alexandra were both successful, and Will Young, not all of them are going to go all the way to superstar status, but i it wasn't for someone's excellent (sense the sarcasm) idea to promote the idea of RATM for number 1 - they never would have been - perhaps next week, but not this!

I'd be very upset for them when they were the first x factor winner not to get an xmas number one. Money doesn't come into it - I'm more worried about that kid's feelings.

Its a million pound record deal - they don't make the money until after the million pound invested in them is made back.
Page 27 of 29 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 >