View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2006, 01:13 PM
If its a breed rescue she got the dog from, most breed rescues, will not give out the papers,as far as I am aware breed rescue are the owners of that dog even though it has gone to a new home, should anything happen in the future the dog will be returned to the breed rescue, same as many breed rescues will not give out the name of the breeder of the dog.

Mo
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
If its a breed rescue she got the dog from, most breed rescues, will not give out the papers,as far as I am aware breed rescue are the owners of that dog even though it has gone to a new home, should anything happen in the future the dog will be returned to the breed rescue, same as many breed rescues will not give out the name of the breeder of the dog.

Mo
Can't add any more ti this.
Tracie
Allie & Russ
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks very much for the info, it makes more sense now!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by Allie & Russ View Post
Hope I am posting this in the right place, if not sorry!

Just after a bit of advice. A lady I work with has recently taken in a dog from a local “rescue”. She has asked for the papers for the dog but the rescue have refused (they probably have them as they have told her “there is nothing special in her lines”).

At first I was thinking it could be to stop the breeding side of it but the dog she has taken has been spayed so no issue there. The lady who runs the rescue is also a breeder. Could it be possible she is holding the paperwork back for the wrong reasons?

Any idea if you are entitled to paperwork when taking on a rescue? The only reason she wants it is for info as a few have asked her lines and she doesn’t know.

Many Thanks
Spayed or castrated our GSD rescue never gives out any papers except the vaccination certificate & theat has all the previous owners details blanked out

When I got our Abbie from Irene she allowed me to trace her details breeder etc but then we have been helping her for over 40 years & had no intention of breeding from her but wanted to do obedience/breed with her for a bit of fun-she was spayed after her first season BTW

Taking on a rescue doesn't entitle you to anything other than the dog & Irene also breeds GSDs but doesn't hang on to the registrations for any underhand dealings/registrations etc
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Allie & Russ View Post
Hope I am posting this in the right place, if not sorry!

Just after a bit of advice. A lady I work with has recently taken in a dog from a local “rescue”. She has asked for the papers for the dog but the rescue have refused (they probably have them as they have told her “there is nothing special in her lines”).

At first I was thinking it could be to stop the breeding side of it but the dog she has taken has been spayed so no issue there. The lady who runs the rescue is also a breeder. Could it be possible she is holding the paperwork back for the wrong reasons?

Any idea if you are entitled to paperwork when taking on a rescue? The only reason she wants it is for info as a few have asked her lines and she doesn’t know.

Many Thanks
I would imagine most breed/general rescues do what we do when homing a pedigree dog, we bin the pedigrees. When we are asked for a Boxer, a Boxer is what people get, they are all pedigree Boxers whether they come with papers or not. We notify the KC that the dog/bitch has been neutered too. We too only transfer the vaccination certificates with the previous owners name and address cut off or blanked out.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-09-2006, 12:20 PM
ingnore this, got the wrong post , had to edit.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

18-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Having helped out with Rescue in the past when I got a rescue I was amazed that I also got a copy of his pedigree although not his registered name or number.

The lady who sent me the details did know that I would have been able to find out anyway from my many friends in the 'dog game', and as it happened I had already looked through old show catalogues and more or less decided who the dog was. He was Not a breed I had had before either.
However I still think that it was the wrong thing for her to do, Logoes
NESSR
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-10-2006, 07:30 AM
NESSR does not give out the papers with the dogs (when we get them) this is precisely because it is the dog that matters and it also keeps third party information like the breeder and the previous owner confidential. All our dogs are speyed and neutered anyway so it is not just the breeding issue or the chance of the new owner selling it on.
barneys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi I woulb not give out the papers at all and it is a small world nessr---Aileen
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2006, 09:29 AM
a rescue will not give out papers as it should say in the contract about breeding the dog or selling it, that is why they do not hand out papers to prevent that from happening. all rescues are the same.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2