Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Commercial dog food and poo!

well since ive been trying the dogs on the commercial food the ammount of poo is unbelievable!! and the size of them never knew such a small dog could produce that much poo.

when they were on raw, they would do one small in the morning and one in the evening. since being back on commercial they do at least 3 a day, and their times are all over the place with timings, asbo has even had a few accidents in the house, because im not used to having to let them outside this much!

can not wait to get them back on raw!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Have you seen the bright orange poo? I wonder what they put in it (the food I mean).
I agree - when you see what comes out as waste, you can`t help wondering how much is actually digested.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Have you seen the bright orange poo? I wonder what they put in it (the food I mean).
I agree - when you see what comes out as waste, you can`t help wondering how much is actually digested.
we havent had bright orange yet the commercial stuff they are on is all good quality, but it still makes me thing how much is actually in it, when they poo that much!

cant wait for my natural instinct to come, and get them back on that, also will be weaning puppies on to it i think
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:55 AM
My commercial fed dog poos normal poos twice a day...possibly yours just aren't used to it.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
My commercial fed dog poos normal poos twice a day...possibly yours just aren't used to it.
daphni was fed on commercial for 2 years before i switched to raw. and she used to toilet at least 3 times a day. sometimes on raw she would only go once. i think for my dogs its definitely raw food seems the best way...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 11:12 AM
You can't suddenly switch between raw and commercial food and expect to see the results you desire straight away.

A dog on the right commercial food being fed the right amount over the right adjustment period, won't be producing big orange piles of slop.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 11:13 AM
No offence meant - my dogs have been on processed food. But it was never orange. Is it Bakers I wonder?
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't have any excissive pooing in my dogs who are fed commercial.

Totally agree with labradork in that the sudden switch is going to affect their digestive system.

Helen
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
No offence meant - my dogs have been on processed food. But it was never orange. Is it Bakers I wonder?
I would imagine dogs which produce those offensive piles of orange or yellow slop are fed on rubbish like Bakers, Frolic, Pedigree, etc.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 11:43 AM
they are still fed half raw, thats why i just wonder... how can one meal produce twice the ammount of poo..

after having them on a trial of sorts and seeing which foods they like best, its seems natures harvest is the winner. they arent that keen on naturediet. but now i have the freezer space again im trying some natural instinct (going to wean the pups on it anyway) as i do prefer feeding raw to them.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >