Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Border Collie - Professional Grooming?

I groom Jed myself on a regular basis but he's quite a grumpy so and so and wont let me groom the bits which need it most (e.g, the area around his back thighs).

Because he's constantly getting wet and muddy, I simply trim off the feathering on his legs and I try and trim the above mentioned area as this gets matted and filthy. As you can probably guess, I make a right hash of it and i'd like the back area thinning out dramatically.

Basically, my question is are there any of you who own a BC and take it to the groomers or are there any groomers who see alot of BC's?

I'd like to have him done but i'm conscious that they arent a breed who require that level of grooming!
natalie1828
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi,
Im a dog groomer and we have loads of border collies in i would suggest ringing your local groomer or take him down and ask them to have a look at him and give you some options of what you could have done with him.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2008, 08:08 PM
hi interesting to read you have the same problems as i do ,with willow as she has a lot of white on her ,she gets filthy and very knotted ,but will not let me brush her . i do the same and cut away the knotts ,this is very difficult to do as she is rescue ,and scared stiff of the brush .i hate walking her round not groomed (groomed after a fashion ) i would take willow but im worried ill do more harm than good ,as she is scared of strangers ,i dont want to go backwards with her (i know how she would be ) post how you get on
natalie1828
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi, me again, if you have a nervous dog , i would let the groomer know, we have alot of nervous dog in and we do are best make sure we have plenty of time with the dog as we don't want them to think of being groomed as a bad experience x