View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Belkin do have a reputation for problems particularly with firmware.

Specifically which modem is it as they do many. It may require a firmware update in order to get it to function correctly.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Leo -I can't get in to the sites at all -I've been on to support and they told be to change the MTU settings which I did and still no difference I'll ring them back later -my head hurts at the moment lol -thanks for your help

FBF ( crackin name BTW ) its a Belkin 802G -like I said to Leo I'm gonna call them back later -thanks for your help -I may need you both later tho'
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2007, 07:41 AM
I can tell you now that the router will only block ports and not web sites the firewall and security doen't work like that it just stops applications from running on certain ports but since you IE is working cause you can get on here then it's ok.

What you could do is place your pc that your having trouble with outside the routers firewall so then you are just relaying on the XP Firewall and not your modems one.

To do this put in 192.168.2.1 that will get you access to your routers settings input your password if you got one then look for the firewall heading then DMZ input your internal ip address then enable it apply the changes then see if you can get access to your sites that your having trouble with.

PS the belkin model range starts with F5D**** not 802G (it's under the modem)
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks Leo I'll have another go at it later - I stopped yesterday cos I'd done that many changes my brain hurt
Thanks for the help
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Its fixed !!:smt041 :smt041
It was the MTU settings in the router -the helpline told me to change them but they said down .....so I tried up and bingo !!! its fixed

Thanks for the help peeps
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2