Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Tip, when you have crossed the laces for the last time, cross them UNDERNEATH the top eyelets/hooks and THEN tie them!
Thanks, I tried it but it didn't work . I keep meaning to get some new laces but never think about it when in town. They are merrell boots and the laces seem to be coated, which I think is why they keep coming undone. I did a quick google search and there are several reviews coming up with people with the same problem, bizarre.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Idiot/ignorant/fair weather dog walkers who seem to deliberately throw their dog's ball towards me and mine. If I have Zane with me he'll pick it up. of course he'll drop it if I tell him to or leave it if I see see it first. But having the dog who owns the ball come tear-ar$ing up to us at 100mph to retrieve his ball, owner being 100 yards away,then snapping/snarling at Zane who by this time would have dropped it anyway drives me nuts.

It's not the other dog's fault if he thinks Zane has stolen his ball and Zane doesn't deserve to be snapped at. But if I ask the other owner to throw their ball in another direction I either get laughed at or get comments such as "why can't you train your dog?" or "tell your dog to leave it alone". How about me telling them "tell your dog to chase the ball in the opposite direction". But I don't. I keep my mouth shut forsome reason.

Of course this is when Zane doesn't have his own ball to chase. On these occasions, God forbid another dog gets involved. He'll allow them to come and play but if they just take his ball, he will bare his teeth, screwing his nose up as they do but also raising his lips up a hell of a long way (bit like a wolf). Even though he's a big wimp he does look scary when he does it.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 06:36 PM
I walk on private land (with permission )so don't see a soul. Just me, the dogs and the occasional man mending a fence and the odd tractor on rare occasions. Absolute bliss, lovely scenery, beautiful trees and the dogs running free and I can walk for miles. Here is a pic of where we go showing the odd tractor

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
I walk on private land (with permission )so don't see a soul. Just me, the dogs and the occasional man mending a fence and the odd tractor on rare occasions. Absolute bliss, lovely scenery, beautiful trees and the dogs running free and I can walk for miles. Here is a pic of where we go showing the odd tractor

Now thats what I call a perfect setting for a walk xxxxxx lucky you xxxxxxxx
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post

Lucky ***..
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Now thats what I call a perfect setting for a walk xxxxxx lucky you xxxxxxxx
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Lucky ***..
I am very lucky and it is only five minutes walk away. We always go on the playing field first thing for them to meet up with their friends and sometimes there can be 15 dogs of all sizes and breeds all running around with each other - lovely to see. Longer walk on the private land lunchtime and then late afternoon two minutes away from fields and woods where I may see one or two other dog walkers in the distance. I am a very lucky *** and an equally lucky **** Murf.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Swap lives with me.......!
xionax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2011, 08:00 PM
i quite enjoy all walks but tilly on the other hand she doesnt like . . .

cats
other dogs
to long grass (she doesnt like stretching)
if its raining (have to drag her out the house)
early walks (have to drag her out of bed)
if the walks to short and she wants to go a few more miles (shell just lie down and not budge)
list could go on . . . .

Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Numpties and arriving at what should be a pleasant walk to find the scene of broken glass and destruction that louts who's only purpose in life is to get out their skulls with no regard for others have left behind
We sat on a bench on the heath part-way through our walk today and some numpty person had left a glass on the bench (empty). I picked it up, put it in my large bum-bag and it will go in our recycling box next week. Thought I would pre-empt some stupid nugget breaking it and strewing glass shards all over the grass for some unsuspecting child/person/dog to cut themselves on.

This happened to poor Parker when he was running about after his ball, he cut his leg on a broken glass bottle someone had left Fortunately not seriously but it's still upsetting and unnecessary.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 10:51 PM
......today it was bread!!! lol.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >