View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm sure you'll miss them but it sounds like it's the best place for them at the moment. And it's only for a few days
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Bless 'em I know you'll miss 'em, but it's for the best.......

Hope you're feeling better now xx
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2011, 12:24 PM
We have the same problem, Lady isn't too bad but even the last few nights when a few fireworks have gone off, Robbie has been up pacing round and I just ignore them and don't make a fuss and he soon settles down.

Next Friday, Saturday and Sundy will see us with all the curtains in the house shut, the lights on and a tv on upstairs in case he wants to go up there and the tv downstairs on loud.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 12:47 PM
You will miss them for those few days but I bet you wont feel as bad as you will if you have to sit and watch them get stressed and shack with the fear and nothing you can do to help the.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Ours are being boarded over next weekend the same - not because of fireworks intentionally but just how it works out since we're away that weekend. Means they miss the worst of the bangs since it's out in the country at least.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Well I dropped them off this morning and they were happily out having a sniff around a large grassy run when I left, with no interest whether I was there or not .I got home and its like a mortuary here, no wagging dancing hounds to meet me. Its going to be very lonely and quiet without them and I can't wait for Monday to collect them, but I am going to think positive and make the most of not having to do dog walks and of course I can enjoy watching all the fireworks that go off round here this weekend without seeing poor Kyiro in the dreadful state he was in last night.
Its only greyhounds at the kennels which is owned by top experienced greyhound people so they will get the best and be amongst their own kind which greyhounds always love. There will be lots of special cuddles for them by the staff who i also know and over the weekend when the rescue team are in doing rehoming as they know Kyiro and Lily very well too and have promised me they will give them lots of cuddles. So they will be fine, but my goodness its lonely here.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I bet it does feel weird Bev. They will be back with you in no time though.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
but my goodness its lonely here.
It's amazing just how much they become 'part of the norm' when you have a dog in your life. Even 'tho it's more than two decades ago I still remember the 'emptyness' after our lovely labrador passed away.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 02:08 PM
What a wonderful owner you are, Bev

x0x
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2011, 03:32 PM
What a great thing to do for your babies sounds like they will have a ball. My friends dog was also terrified of fireworks, I had never seen anything like it, it was heartbreaking, my friend tried every thing possible to help Poppy but nothing worked Its the first time for my pups this year so I do not know how they will be, they are very laid back so I am hoping they are okay.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >