Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2021, 11:35 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 17th November

Good morning everyone.

The presents sound lovely Lynn

Been having a fairly lazy morning getting ready for a 4 day slog at the house. Managed to get the big bedroom (former lounge~) finished so now to start on the new lounge. There is quite a lot of painting to do in there a well as rubbing down first. Hey ho can now see light at the end of the tunnel. Just two more weeks to get it all finished. I can do it I hope

Hope all are well. Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2021, 11:59 AM
Ahhhh, well done Sue, stick your feet up.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2021, 02:27 PM
Steve has just called, his car isn't running right, he says it's fine when he puts his toe down, I have been telling him for years to get the car serviced...but nope, he would rather waste money on crap! He has bought oil for the car in 5 years... that's it, I paid for the Tyres, I have bought oil for it in the past but now "it's the last thing he needs"! Well, you don't look after something, they tend to break! The engine management light came on so I said it would need towing home, he said he was going to drive it so I just said I would text him my mechanics number and he could ask him to take a look. I got a message back saying he wasn't being funny...told him he was, he admitted he doesn't know anything about cars .....well, I do and if I tell you not to drive it...you don't drive it! I can see instead of it needing a repair, it will need replacing.....he hasn't the money and after last time....I am not lending it, looks like I will be walking Molly every day now then!
On a plus note, loving my soup maker, very much enjoying making concoctions lol. Today is red onion, pepper carrot, chilli and ginger...... lovely!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2021, 02:31 PM
Afternoon Sue, griff and all to follow.

Wow Sue hope you're enjoying your feet up day. Good luck for the next two weeks.
griff hope all is quieter today.

Bad night with Dillon and Gorden had another early start so when he eventually settled it was time to get up.
Done the Christmas cake this morning and the washing now I have finished for the day, well till Gorden gets home and tea needs doing.
We are seriously thinking of leaving the patio door open and letting him bring himself in and out, he slept from 1.30-2.00 outside. Still won't sleep to well but as long as he is quiet out there we will be comfortable.
He was really whining trying to get on the spare bed in the early hours, been a bit whingy on rising today and grunting when getting up and down.
Enjoyed his stroll this morning though.
Will have to have a serious work with the vet to see if they can prescribe anything for him to help sleep through the night.

Hope everyone is safe and well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Good afternoon all.

My little princess is still not right, but so much better and, much to my relief, walking again. I'm so thankful for such a good and understanding vet who has literally worked miracles.

Washed my hair and had a shower for the first time in over a week and WOW it was great. The incision is healing very nicely and although the new look hairdo isn't my choice, it's not nearly as bad as it could be.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2021, 03:46 PM
Glad Rosie is on the mend Chris so worrying Also pleased you are beginning to feel better to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2021, 09:33 PM
Awwww Lynn, so very very sorry Dillon had a bad night
Chris, I love being able to have a shower when I have been unable to
Very very little noise from next door.... hopefully the letting agent let slip that we have spoken to the head of noise abatement and he was putting monitoring equipment in, it won't last but today has been nice