Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Er no the T Touch calming band is an elasticized figure of eight that goes around the muzzle & round the neck-just like a figure of 8 head collar except that no lead is attached

Er NO, I was refering to the gentle leader,
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
The pressure of a gentle leader is on the face, around rhe muzzle in the same place as you would put a calming band....
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
No it isn't when fitted properly the calming band is high on the neck not on the face, there is a part that goes around the face and it's far from calming it actually sends most dogs into a frenzy trying to paw it off, or they constantly shove their head between your legs to rub it off
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Er no the T Touch calming band is an elasticized figure of eight that goes around the muzzle & round the neck-just like a figure of 8 head collar except that no lead is attached
Er NO, I was refering to the gentle leader,
If that makes sense
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

31-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
o and....does anyone actually want..to quote.. "a calm ,submissive dog" id be horrified if my dogs were calm & submissive!!!!!
I think it depends on your interpretation of calm and submissive tbh.
Un expressive & on the floor,Tail down, ears back.
You know that's not what I want or what I believe he advocates
I like freely Expressive animals, up in the air, tails UP & flying or Wagging & ears alert or mellow, & above all smiley eyes!
And no one can argue with that, but calm to me means just that, calm and responsive. Submissive in this context is used as opposed to dominant, in other words the dog submits to your will, obeys your commands willingly. It's all in the intrepretation.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
ah.. hes a work in progress... you are getting there with him though.. if you think back a while you couldnt have passed one dog without him having a good old ding dong at it
I know! I'm so chuffed when he walks past just one dog without barking
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Un expressive & on the floor,Tail down, ears back.

I like freely Expressive animals, up in the air, tails UP & flying or Wagging & ears alert or mellow, & above all smiley eyes!
My dogs do both of these - maybe they are schizophrenic

Seriously though, I think there's a time to be calm and a time to be excited and there's nothing wrong with that. I love to see my dogs running around and playing and doing zoomies, but I don't want them doing that 24/7.

They wag their tails a lot though - even when they're lying down and relaxed, usually if I smile at them
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 08:40 AM
And no one can argue with that, but calm to me means just that, calm and responsive. Submissive in this context is used as opposed to dominant, in other words the dog submits to your will, obeys your commands willingly. It's all in the intrepretation.
All these CM threads just come down to semantics in the end. I think we've all said the same things over and over again and I always come to the conclusion that we are all more or less singing from the same hymn sheet, just using different words.

My dogs are looking a bit too calm and submissive now so I'm going to take them for a walk. Ta ta
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
No it isn't when fitted properly the calming band is high on the neck not on the face, there is a part that goes around the face and it's far from calming it actually sends most dogs into a frenzy trying to paw it off, or they constantly shove their head between your legs to rub it off
I was referring to the calming band used in TTOUch, the part around the muzzle is in the same place on a gentle leader.The collar part is high on the neck on a gentle leader, but that isn't the part that you lead the dog by...infact there is nowhere to put a lead on that part, the lead is put on the side bit by the muzzle and then if you have a double ended one, on the dog's usual collar, the power steering comes from guiding the face.
If a gentle leader is introduced properly the dog shouldn't spend all it's time getting it off, aftyer the first few mins, it will do that if people plonk it straight on with no prep.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I was referring to the calming band used in TTOUch, the part around the muzzle is in the same place on a gentle leader.The collar part is high on the neck on a gentle leader, but that isn't the part that you lead the dog by...infact there is nowhere to put a lead on that part, the lead is put on the side bit by the muzzle and then if you have a double ended one, on the dog's usual collar, the power steering comes from guiding the face.
If a gentle leader is introduced properly the dog shouldn't spend all it's time getting it off, aftyer the first few mins, it will do that if people plonk it straight on with no prep.
Actually we were talking about the gentle leader as I never mentioned the TTouch thing at all. The collar part is indeed high up on the neck and if you read the instructions it says that part is to calm the dog blah blah. no you're right you don't attach the lead to it, the lead is attached under the chin. No matter how it's introduced in my experience all my dogs have hated the part that goes around the face and at no point could it ever be described as calming. like I said they hate it with a vengence, they will tolerate because they do as they are told, but certainly not from choice, and it was most certainly never just plonked on their face.
fleamandave
New Member!
Male 

02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I think he is class
D
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2008, 02:16 AM
hey guys ,id like to comment on these collars, high on the neck is best for training.it is more sensitive and the dog will pull as much as they can handle ,it will cut off there supply and they will submitt some times ..iv got an amstaff that would pass out before he gave up.its up to him...if he is in the REDzone it can be dangerious.training only for him.hes good now that he undrstands there is no other option than to comply..its that simple,as far a Ceasar...he gets back to bacics with dog that most dont like because we feel owr dogs are like our kids...there dogs and should be treated as such....pinning a dog to the floor is good if the dog knows you are alph.in the wild most would chalange a pin.and that why they sat ,,,CONSULT A PRO BEFORE ATTEMTING....there was a post here where some one was attact? put a dog down becase it went bad....i would not suggest a pin,if there was no ground work before the pin,if you want to be alpha you better be prepared to be challanged.my dogos and amstaff know how is boss and it was not overnight.....i cant afford to be number two....get back to basics of the pack, start there...phil
Page 8 of 40 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »