View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Hopefully he'll be fine, maybe like when we choke on a pea or a bit of sherbet and it goes down the wrong way.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2013, 07:22 AM
How is your little puppy this morning?
Dotty08
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Ah poor wee guy, you must have been petrified, hope he' s ok
I was past myself with worry! But he was ok once this bug came out of his mouth...i had a very restless night..but that was me keeping a close eye on him!
You will all be pleased to know he is his normal cheeky self this morning
Eileen..have you got any tips on keeping him cool in this heat..his coat it thick but at 10 weeks ihe is to young to go to groomers...i do put ice cubes in his water
Dotty08
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2013, 07:34 AM
I want to thank you all for yr advice last night you all helped a lot
And Buster says thank you too
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Glad he's ok this morning

I don't have long coated breeds, so have no idea about their coat care lol, but a wet bandana or similar around necks is good for keeping most pooches cool
Of course plenty of shade goes without saying, and if you dont have one already, you could look into a little dog paddling pool?
Dotty08
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Glad he's ok this morning

I don't have long coated breeds, so have no idea about their coat care lol, but a wet bandana or similar around necks is good for keeping most pooches cool
Of course plenty of shade goes without saying, and if you dont have one already, you could look into a little dog paddling pool?
thanks bluejay....i do put the sprinkler on to water the grass and he goes n cools down in that...but over night he is panting like mad poor little chap..put a fan on for him last nite but didn't seem to make much diff
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Dotty08 View Post
I was past myself with worry! But he was ok once this bug came out of his mouth...i had a very restless night..but that was me keeping a close eye on him!
You will all be pleased to know he is his normal cheeky self this morning
Eileen..have you got any tips on keeping him cool in this heat..his coat it thick but at 10 weeks ihe is to young to go to groomers...i do put ice cubes in his water
I take a wet cloth and damp Lacey all underneath and around her neck quite a few times a day. She loves it.Not a heat lover so she mostly lies inside under the fan, she's almost 10 though.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Puppies can have problems dealing with heat as they haven't learnt how to coll themselves. My adult dogs go out & do what they have to & then crash out in the shade/cool. Tommee on the other hand wanders around, dunks his head in the water bucket & then crashes out anywhere. He is learning those & is spending more time in the cool on his back. No point in shaving his coat etc as thick coats protect against heat & cold. Somewhere cool fo him to lie either on his back or tummy & a cool water soaked"bandana"(you can get some filled with water retaining gel)loosely around the neck.

Fans to get the air moving is also useful too & closing the curtains/blinds during the day stop the heat building up
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I had Lhasa apsas which are similar to your dog. I had to get the clippers on them in hot weather.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by FluffHippo View Post
I had Lhasa apsas which are similar to your dog. I had to get the clippers on them in hot weather.
Oh Fluff,
You're a braver woman than me!!often times tempted to clip mine but chicken out every time, god knows how she'd look Will be leaving to the experts me thinks
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >