Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alfie1
New Member!
Female 

09-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Offering a home to a dachsund

Hi

I'm new on here but have lurked for a while and read and enjoyed many discussions as well as learning a lot about dogs in general.

I am offering a home to a dachsund - mini or standard, l/h or wire, dog or bitch and up to 6 or 7 years old. I lost mine to old age some 14 months ago and we currently have a 12 year old border collie bitch who we took on when her elderly owners passed away She is a great dog and we love her to bits, but the fact is Rumpole the dachs left a big hole which needs to be filled! we live in Oxfordshire by the way.

We have a fairly shambolic animal household with 3 cats as well for good measure, adult children - 16 and 19 - lots of fields and a large garden in a rural location on a no through lane. I do work but only mornings and my mother lives next door with her dachsund so keeps an eye on everybody while I'm out. Our dogs never have to go to kennels as we dove tail holidays so that there's always someone here to look after them at home.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

09-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Dachshund Rescue Fund
Mrs V Skinner, High Green, Sheffield. Tel: 01142 847425
Mrs G Goad, Glastonbury, Soms. Tel: 01458 850745

Dachshund Club of Wales Rescue
Mrs C G Brace, Cardiff, S Glamorgan. Tel: 02920 614339
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 01:45 AM
I'd always recommend contacting a rescue or breed rescue any day, but want to wish you luck with your search
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 12:19 AM
any news on getting your new doglet