Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Im not thinking about doing it for cosmetics or anything like that, im thinking of doing it the same we im getting her spayed. She was born with ovaries, but im having them removed, so whats different?
Totally different - dogs use their dew claws daily. Dogs dont need ovaries unless being bred, if your not breeding it doesnt harm to have them taken out.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
hun... do not worry...she is YOUR dog and you have her best interests at heart xx
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Totally different - dogs use their dew claws daily. Dogs dont need ovaries unless being bred, if your not breeding it doesnt harm to have them taken out.
Ill check again but ive never seen her use hers, and they get fed barf. Theyve got a knuckle bone out at the moment, so next time shes on it ill have a look and see if shes using them but im sure ive seen her before and she appears to use her toes splayed out for grip if you know what I mean.

So would removing them affect her lifestyle?

(sorry for the 101 but its not something ive ever had to consider and now i have a week to decide wether to do it or not.)
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hun... do not worry...she is YOUR dog and you have her best interests at heart xx
Thanks, im just soo confused.

She will always be my number one priority so even if that doesnt agree with other people thats fine. But I don't understand why other people are so against it, so if I can find out before the op the better rather than getting a nasty surprise after and regretting the decision I made for her.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Ill check again but ive never seen her use hers, and they get fed barf. Theyve got a knuckle bone out at the moment, so next time shes on it ill have a look and see if shes using them but im sure ive seen her before and she appears to use her toes splayed out for grip if you know what I mean.

So would removing them affect her lifestyle?

(sorry for the 101 but its not something ive ever had to consider and now i have a week to decide wether to do it or not.)
I havent seen your reason for removing hers, so cant comment. If you feel its best thats down to you, her being your dog! I am just of the opinion that while running, turning ect dogs do uses theyr front dew claws. we have back dew claws removed - but I personally wouldnt have front ones moves unless, I have a vaild reason to. (not saying you dont as like I said I havent seen why your considering it)!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:17 PM
i think you are being a little unfair!

if your dog injures themselves frequently then it would be in her best interests to have them removed at the same time as another procedure is done.

at least she will be given a ga and painkillers unlike puppy dew claws removal and tail docking!!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
i think you are being a little unfair!

if your dog injures themselves frequently then it would be in her best interests to have them removed at the same time as another procedure is done.

at least she will be given a ga and painkillers unlike puppy dew claws removal and tail docking!!!

I wasnt commented on having them removed as I dont know why she is - just where it was asked what the difference was from having a dog spayed to the dew claws removed - for me its a massive difference.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
.. they are mainly used in turning.... my oldest dog does not have dew claws... never had a problem hun and shes 14
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I wasnt commented on having them removed as I dont know why she is - just where it was asked what the difference was from having a dog spayed to the dew claws removed - for me its a massive difference.
oh dd.. what was it you said to a/f? read the thread?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2010, 02:23 PM
oh dd.. what was it you said to a/f? read the thread?
I dont understand?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >