View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I always get is that a miniature staffy. No she is normal size.

Well my so so got one and its much bigger than that.

She 16" at the withers so breed standard top size
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Meet my greyhound.

I spent half an hour on a bus trying to convince a group of guys that he isn't a greyhound and they can't bet on him in a race because he isn't running any races. Then I got off the bus outside the greyhound stadium and had to argue the point again

He's also a pit bull, an english bulldog and a schnauzer.
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Meet my greyhound.

I spent half an hour on a bus trying to convince a group of guys that he isn't a greyhound and they can't bet on him in a race because he isn't running any races. Then I got off the bus outside the greyhound stadium and had to argue the point again

Hes a unique looking little guy what a sweetie
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Meet my greyhound.

Definatly looks type to me
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Meet my greyhound.

Chuckling away, I can't believe the pit bull or English bulldog, I mean, are some people that daft?

Mind you, I've been told before one of my Labs can't possibly be fully pedigree because she has a tuck up. Now I know they are meant to have more of a level bottom line, but she'd have to be severely overweight for that. The fact that she's very deep chested doesn't help!! Also, the person telling me this, had a Labrador about twice her weight, who couldn't walk for longer than a few seconds without sitting down, he was so obese, poor thing

Here we go, here's Indie with her nice tuck up......

Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
Mind you, I've been told before one of my Labs can't possibly be fully pedigree because she has a tuck up. Now I know they are meant to have more of a level bottom line, but she'd have to be severely overweight for that. The fact that she's very deep chested doesn't help!! Also, the person telling me this, had a Labrador about twice her weight, who couldn't walk for longer than a few seconds without sitting down, he was so obese, poor thing
One of my labs can't possibly be full lab, he's the wrong colour! He's fox red, and they don't come in that colour!
Both my boys are too stocky to be labs as well, they should be smaller, and more whippet like! It would appear I've been mugged off, even though I've got both the boys' papers, and Blade is out of Hamish anyway!
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
One of my labs can't possibly be full lab, he's the wrong colour! He's fox red, and they don't come in that colour!
Both my boys are too stocky to be labs as well, they should be smaller, and more whippet like! It would appear I've been mugged off, even though I've got both the boys' papers, and Blade is out of Hamish anyway!
Chuckle, don't get me started on colour!! See my pic on page 1, of Tau, Indie's half sister, the times I get asked about her because of her pale colour. She is paler than a dark fox red, nothing special, just a very pale chocolate, but because it's unusual to see one so pale, she gets called every breed under the sun.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
Chuckle, don't get me started on colour!! See my pic on page 1, of Tau, Indie's half sister, the times I get asked about her because of her pale colour. She is paler than a dark fox red, nothing special, just a very pale chocolate, but because it's unusual to see one so pale, she gets called every breed under the sun.
I also get told Blade (black lab) can't be Hamish's son, as Hamish is fox red! The bitch was black and the whole litter was black, but no, it's impossible. They aren't related!!!
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
I also get told Blade (black lab) can't be Hamish's son, as Hamish is fox red! The bitch was black and the whole litter was black, but no, it's impossible. They aren't related!!!
Hehe, and the old wives tales about mixing colours, apparently Tau must have yellow in her to be soooo pale. Funnily enough, she may well carry yellow, but it's got diddly squat to do with how pale she is, but try explaining that to people, it's like you've suddenly told them yellow and blue make purple
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Chuckling away, I can't believe the pit bull or English bulldog, I mean, are some people that daft?
It's unbelievable isn't it? Had a hell of a lot of people ask whether he's a lurcher. The ones that ask whether he's a wolfhound get me, at 25" at the shoulder he'd be one small wolfhound. I'm guessing that's the only scruffy looking breed they know
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >