Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 03:13 PM

Sorry another cleaning question - smells

I've sponged this cover (can't be washed) and it's been outside to air but it still smells of curry . Any ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Febreze?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2006, 03:45 PM
What is it and what is it made of ? With most things except suede or leather make sure it is quite dry and sprinkle with Bicarbonate of Soda (now sold in hardware shops) then leave for a while and brush off and the smell is removed.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks again Mini
It's a cover for a bouncy chair, not sure what it is made of, it's hanging outside. It was in lovely new condition but obviously been hanging around a bit so smelled a bit of cooking/spices or something, you know how things smell of people's houses . Not that anything from my house would smell particularly nice (dog! ).
Bicarb - excellent idea, I will give that a try.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Bicarb is a great idea, it usually works fine (it's what's used to de-pong fridges!). Failing that, you might want to try Dettox spray. When Kali was still an un-housetrained pup, I used to use Dettox to de-scent his "mistakes", so that he wouldn't be tempted to go back to the same place. Of course, Dettox will kill off any bacteria, as well.

Snorri
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Thank you Snorri
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
stop cleaning LS you are making me feel guilty about the state of my house - this must be what they call nesting !!LOL
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
stop cleaning LS you are making me feel guilty about the state of my house - this must be what they call nesting !!LOL
Eeek don't say that, it's far too soon. No, no. no, MY house is perfectly okay - just the odd wad, errr I mean trace of dog fur and a few little piles of mud and it has a lovely Loki doggie smell. No, it's the bouncer, I just couldn't stand the stale cooking smells .