Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 06:42 PM

Ozzie's got a sore bum!

Well for the last couple of days, Oz has been walking along nicely then suddenly sits down as if he had ants in his pants, I thought hmmm Worms, fleas, anal glands, so made an appointment with the vet for this afternoon.

Left the house with just enough time to get there, Petto wouldn't let us leave without him so he came to Got the the bottom of our road and saw 2 horses running along this track opposite and the busy main road I sat there thinking is there a fence across there, you've guessed it - No there wasn't A truck had to slam his brakes on and only just managed to miss them both, anyway they ended up not far from my car grazing! I thought god what do I do now, the minute I opened my door they moved towards the road again. So I raced to the vets and asked them to call the police - it's times like this that I wish I spoke fluent Spanish instead of enough just to get by! They were caught and returned to the owner!

Ozzie's anal glands were full, she gave me some cream to squirt up and around him bum for a week - I've never had that before! Got 2 scalibur collars 2 months flea treatment, 2 drontal worming tablets and came out 120 euros lighter!

My vet also whilst I was there rang Petto's previous owners as the refuge have still not sorted out my ownership of him. I've now found out that he's not a cross and aparently has an excellent pedigree they are going to send me his pedigree tomorow and are faxing my vet with the change of ownership for his microchip - yey Looks like he might be mine soon
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Looks like Ozzies getting the full treatment, hope he's better soon, and so glad that Petto ownership looks like being resolved. Nice little bonus to find he's pure breed.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 09:24 PM
What a morning
Anal gland problems I have recently bought some "Peridale" granules in the hope it improves this problem, too early to say if it has had a benefit or not - but did come recommended
Brill news on Petto and his pedigree, I bet your really pleased x
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Looks like Ozzies getting the full treatment, hope he's better soon, and so glad that Petto ownership looks like being resolved. Nice little bonus to find he's pure breed.
Yep, they're both getting the full treatment

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
What a morning
Anal gland problems I have recently bought some "Peridale" granules in the hope it improves this problem, too early to say if it has had a benefit or not - but did come recommended
Shall look up Peridale granules Tracy, as it seems it's becoming a regular problem with his anal glands! thanks for that!

As for Petto we've been telling him he's a posh dog all evening Mind you I loved him when I thought he was a cross I nearly told the vet I wasn't bothered about getting his pedigree papers, but then thought it would be nice to see them
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Poor Ozzie hope he feels better soon.

Great news that you are getting Petto's ownership transfer to you sorted out and as Losos saidi if he is a pedigree that's a bonus.

Pleased to hear you got the forses returned safely to their owners all that and it was still am.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Hope Ozzie feels better really soon

Sending big (((hugs)))
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Awwww bless poor ozzie hope he feels better soon and yer i know you loved Petto when you thought he was a cross and now he is a pedigree i know you will love him just the same sending hugs to your boys
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
What a morning
Let me know how the Peridale works out Tracy, I've been looking at this for Poppy. Have to take her every 4 months or so for her glands to be emptied at £21 a time. Vet did suggest bran flakes, but although she likes them, they don't seem to be making much difference if any at all.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Well for the last couple of days, Oz has been walking along nicely then suddenly sits down as if he had ants in his pants, I thought hmmm Worms, fleas, anal glands, so made an appointment with the vet for this afternoon.

Left the house with just enough time to get there, Petto wouldn't let us leave without him so he came to Got the the bottom of our road and saw 2 horses running along this track opposite and the busy main road I sat there thinking is there a fence across there, you've guessed it - No there wasn't A truck had to slam his brakes on and only just managed to miss them both, anyway they ended up not far from my car grazing! I thought god what do I do now, the minute I opened my door they moved towards the road again. So I raced to the vets and asked them to call the police - it's times like this that I wish I spoke fluent Spanish instead of enough just to get by! They were caught and returned to the owner!

Ozzie's anal glands were full, she gave me some cream to squirt up and around him bum for a week - I've never had that before! Got 2 scalibur collars 2 months flea treatment, 2 drontal worming tablets and came out 120 euros lighter!

My vet also whilst I was there rang Petto's previous owners as the refuge have still not sorted out my ownership of him. I've now found out that he's not a cross and aparently has an excellent pedigree they are going to send me his pedigree tomorow and are faxing my vet with the change of ownership for his microchip - yey Looks like he might be mine soon
Hope Ozzie's feeling better soon.

Good news about Petto
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2008, 08:00 AM
What a day that was!

Glad Ozzie's bum is sorted & well done for saving the horses.

As for Petto, as you say it won't make you love him any more than you do now knowing he's a purebred, but it will be interesting to have a look at his pedigree
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >