Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 08:47 PM

northen inuit,acahkos

not sure if this is where i should post this,but i was talking to my friend today,the one i helped to get an inuit,i was telling her about dog web and how many inuit and utonagan owners there were and she should join here,she was telling me that she subscribed to the utonagan newsletter and when she went to subscribe again she got a letter(she still has it)stating that as she got her inuit off a certain breeder they wanted a picture of him as if his ears werent up right then he wasnt suitable to be a member ,surely his temprament is of the utmost importance(wich is fantastic ),she sent a letter back to the effect of they werent suitable to have her dog,i was quite shocked at this reaction,i would be so upset if that had been me,they adore that dog and he is wonderful with other dogs,cats,children,anyone he meets,can anyone shed any light on why this letter would be sent his name is pronounced akous
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 09:23 PM
this is northing to do with the northern inuit society,the pup is of utonagon lines and unfortunatly has come from a line with loads of problems in it including hd
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 09:40 PM
no,she never mentioned the northern inuit society,the people on here with the dogs are great and i told her this,i just thought it was a bit harsh,perhaps they should join the inuit society,they are only trying to do whats best for him,speak to other owners and share things,they are not interested in breeding,he is just part of the family,like i said beautiful,i will get a pic of him and post it they love him(and i do )so i suppose at the end of the day thats all that matters,they are doing good for the breed so thats a plus,he is well sociallised,well mannered and thats what people who meet him see
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 09:50 PM
he is actully a utonagon, that breeder is nothing to do with northern inuits and nor would we accept him or his breeding,but if she wanted to join the northern inuit society that is not a problem we do have quite a few utonagon owners as members.
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 09:59 PM
now,he is supposed to be an inuit,thats what i showed them on the net,they found the breeder,i never met him,they were advertised as inuits,they were excited when they found a litter,obviously being a new breed there werent that many about,hopefully they dont have any health problems with him,i couldnt tell you if he was an inuit or an utonagan,they look the same to me ,gorgeous dogs,will get pics so you can see,very handsome,i wont tell them that the breeder isnt very good,they will learn that off experienced inuit owners,its sad though
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 10:16 PM
i hope they have no health problems ,but will be very supprised if they dont,they will have got no paper work with there puppy as his are not registerd with anyone. we did try to get him stopped at one time as he was trying to sell puppys on a car boot sale in appaling conditions.but im affraid health problems is a big issue with his utonagon puppies including hd, fits,deformed mouths,vwb.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 08:40 AM
I board a severly overershot Northern Inuit, so mouth deformaties would appear to be in those too, I think bad mouths can occur in any breed/crossbreed.
Dawn.
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I think there is a bit of difference between overshot, undershot and deformed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Maybe, but when a dog cant eat because of the shape of its mouth, it is a deformaty in its own right.
Dawn.
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2006, 10:13 AM
BorderDawn, what lines is it, and it's Parents? That way we can tell you if it is infact a Northern Inuit, as they should all have papers, and Every registered breeder can be contacted etc, so maybe inform the breeder of the fault, so they could watch that mating pair in future.
If infact what you board is actually a Northern Inuit. It could be a Utonagan, or just some wolfy looking dog that was sold as an Inuit. It happens, not just with them, with all breeds.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »