Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
whoward1218
New Member!
Female 

07-01-2014, 02:01 AM

Pregnant or not?

Hi I am new and I have a chorkie she is my baby girl and I think she maybe pregs but she has no belly (much) she acts preg and has filled out some but the daddy is only 1.5lbs and she is 4-5lbs so could they just be that tiny? or is this another fake she has had one pregnancy but she miss carried the vet said normal for small breed first time then she went to fake preg now I just don't know and my vet seem clueless on chorkies she looks like a Chihuahua most of all so that is dominant. Can some one give advice she only has 7-13 days left if she is. Thanks
P.S. I am not a byb or a breeder I am keeping all pups and she is fixed after I only want one time breeding
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Can't you get her scanned to be on the safe side? One litter does make you a breeder
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Sorry you are a breeder if you have a bitch & mate it to a dog. Not surprised your vet knows nothing about "Chorkies"they are not a breed they are a designer cross-ie as a "breed"they do not exist.

Why are you breeding from your bitch ? Are you not aware that the most dangerous time in a bitches life is when she is pregnant ?

Have you bred dogs before ? Are you aware of all the problems that can & usually do arise from keeping 2 or more puppies from one litter ?
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 12:43 PM
All I can think now is will you keep them all if she's got a litter of say 6 puppies? Can you imagine the work and difficulty in keeping that many siblings?

I wouldn't have bred from her especially if she's had a miscarriage and a fake pregnancy. Sounds like your dog is too stressed to carry puppies. Have you done health tests etc?
Sorry to be so blunt but I don't understand people breeding from dogs this way.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 12:44 PM
As the OP now shows as Thread Starter - I doubt they will be back to respond. (Not that I fully understand how that works - no surprise there!)
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh.. not even noticed that! strange..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2014, 12:53 PM
The name always appears as "Thread Starter" in the Dog Breeding section.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2014, 01:29 PM
The OP was only here for about an hour & hasn't been back since 3.40 yesterday am ! So won't have seen any of these replies
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Please ask your vet about the Alizin jab, as long as she's not too far gone you can abort the litter. That might sound awful to you, but what are you going to do if she needs an emergency c-section, or even dies during whelping? And what are you going to do with all the pups, it's going to cost a helluva lot to get them all fixed.

Dogs are being put to sleep in their thousands in this country, any unplanned litters are just adding more and more to the problem, so please phone your vet and also discuss an emergency spay as an option. If they aren't willing to carry out this procedure, you can phone around and find a vet that will. But if she's not too far gone then Alizin can be used, up to 42 days into pregnancy.