Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Well done to all who have stuck at it.

I've had such a lot of running round lately in theory I should've lost 2 stone! I've given up the vino, been out longer with the dogs and scales still say the same The upside is I don't feel quite so creaky atm and no IBS flare ups for ages.

My SIL has lost a lot of weight, she has cut out carbs Mon-FRi. She sticks to white meat and salad every night and has what she wants at the weekends, but I don't fancy salad this weather!
The thing about doing a diet like your SIL is that once youve lost the weight and go back to eating 'normaly' the increase in the stuff shes been cutting out will show, which is why those shake diets dont really work (im my experience anyway). Of course if she can stick to white meat and salad every week day for good then I will take my hat off to her cause I certainly couldnt lol

You can get herbal teas that help to kickstart your metabolism, and drinking your 2liters of water a day will have a suprising effect! what sort of things are you eating?
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
The thing about doing a diet like your SIL is that once youve lost the weight and go back to eating 'normaly' the increase in the stuff shes been cutting out will show, which is why those shake diets dont really work (im my experience anyway). Of course if she can stick to white meat and salad every week day for good then I will take my hat off to her cause I certainly couldnt lol

You can get herbal teas that help to kickstart your metabolism, and drinking your 2liters of water a day will have a suprising effect! what sort of things are you eating?
Re: SIL, yes agree, and the other sister has tried every diet going and is never permanently slim.

As for me, it's what I don't eat! 2 coffees for breakfast (after dishing up 14 dogs breakfasts and other chores I don't have time or the appetite before starting work. Rarely eat anything for lunch, possibly another coffee(!) it's not til late afternoon I start to feel hungry and i dont keep any chocolate or cakes in just incase i get tempted. Have a cooked evening meal and try to include lots of fresh veg and maybe have a yogurt.

Yes it's all wrong! I think I'll give up until the weather improves then I'll feel more motivated.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Re: SIL, yes agree, and the other sister has tried every diet going and is never permanently slim.

As for me, it's what I don't eat! 2 coffees for breakfast (after dishing up 14 dogs breakfasts and other chores I don't have time or the appetite before starting work. Rarely eat anything for lunch, possibly another coffee(!) it's not til late afternoon I start to feel hungry and i dont keep any chocolate or cakes in just incase i get tempted. Have a cooked evening meal and try to include lots of fresh veg and maybe have a yogurt.

Yes it's all wrong! I think I'll give up until the weather improves then I'll feel more motivated.
You can snack as much as you like on veg and fruit!

Ive lost another 2lbs this week
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Well done Pawsonboard on your 2 1b loss this week.

It is hard when you've been good for weeks and the scales say you've stayed the same but I suppose with losing weight you have to have alot of patience and keeping at it as I'm sure results come in the end. I think it's all to do with willpower and determination which I've got bundles of at the moment, it's just when problems occur I can have problems staying on it, but even if you have a bad day you can always get back on it the next day. No one is perfect.

I fiind great inspiration from the programme "Obese: A Year To Save My Life". It's on a Sky One but it's really good. It's about dangerously overweight people and they have a personal trainer which helps them to lose the weight. It shows all their struggles and bad times but they lose alot in a year.

By the way hubby weighed me this morning and I've lost 3 pounds this week after having two weeks staying the same. I'm happy So that's 1 stone 3 pounds since the 2nd of Jan this year.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Not been here for a while! Well done to everyone who's stuck at it and lost weight

Weighed myself yesterday morning and I've lost another 2lbs. I'm now at 15lbs lost altogether. Not been measuring myself but I'm in danger of losing my jeans when walking so I figure I must have lost inches
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Wooo! well done girls!!

Just been to the group thing...

THREE MORE OFF!! So happy! Im 1lb off a stone now!

How is everyone getting on?
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Well done Pawsonboard on your 2 1b loss this week.

It is hard when you've been good for weeks and the scales say you've stayed the same but I suppose with losing weight you have to have alot of patience and keeping at it as I'm sure results come in the end. I think it's all to do with willpower and determination which I've got bundles of at the moment, it's just when problems occur I can have problems staying on it, but even if you have a bad day you can always get back on it the next day. No one is perfect.

I fiind great inspiration from the programme "Obese: A Year To Save My Life". It's on a Sky One but it's really good. It's about dangerously overweight people and they have a personal trainer which helps them to lose the weight. It shows all their struggles and bad times but they lose alot in a year.

By the way hubby weighed me this morning and I've lost 3 pounds this week after having two weeks staying the same. I'm happy So that's 1 stone 3 pounds since the 2nd of Jan this year.
I watched an episode of that last night with a guy who was 34 stone! He just didnt seem to want to loose it despite the fact he had serious health issues all steming from his weight. He was poorly and when he came out of hospital he put a stone back on IN A WEEK!!! Now that to me is not someone who is serious about it at all.

My motivation has gone through the roof after last nights weigh in, thought I had a really bad week and still lost 3 pounds, imagine what I can loose if I have a really really good week!!!

Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Not been here for a while! Well done to everyone who's stuck at it and lost weight

Weighed myself yesterday morning and I've lost another 2lbs. I'm now at 15lbs lost altogether. Not been measuring myself but I'm in danger of losing my jeans when walking so I figure I must have lost inches
Im only 2lbs from catching you up sarah lol Its all that hard work your putting into spencer!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Well done everyone I'm still struggling as its coming off very slowly, saw my consultant the other week and she was saying that it could take 7,8. even nine months for my metabolism to kick in and sort itself out but I have lost 4lbs since we started this thread, and up to having my hysterectomy end of Aug I had lost 2 1/2 st since last Feb)
promise will check in after Fat Club Thurs morning

Jeanette x
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Well done everyone I'm still struggling as its coming off very slowly, saw my consultant the other week and she was saying that it could take 7,8. even nine months for my metabolism to kick in and sort itself out but I have lost 4lbs since we started this thread, and up to having my hysterectomy end of Aug I had lost 2 1/2 st since last Feb)
promise will check in after Fat Club Thurs morning

Jeanette x
Well done! keep chipping away it! Ill be with you all the way cause I reckon its gonna take the rest of the year to get my weight off so you really wont be alone x
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Well done everyone

Another 2lbs off for me
Page 9 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »