Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2005, 03:59 PM

Vet's

Well we went to the vet's today for Archie's 2nd Jabs, he was very good as usual!

I told vet about the itching and said to him I had given Archie oily fish a couple of times and he said that's good but apparently Evening Primrose oil is better? Does anyone use this with their dogs?

Also he gave us flea treatment, as last time we couldn't use frontline cos Archie wasn't heavy enough. He gave us stronghold instead of frontline cos he said if it's mites (mange??) then that will kill it.

I'm a bit confused now as to whether I should give him the primrose oil or wait to see if the stronghold stops the itching, otherwise we won't know what it is that's causing it?
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi my roughs have evening primrose capsules and are fine on them. Re; the frontline i didn't realise that a dog had to be a certain weight before it could be used on them , as i seem to remember about 8 years ago i had a litter that had bad dandruff, caused by a paper mite, and the vet told me to frontline them.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
I think the frontline drops the dog has to be over a set weight, but the spay can be used on baby puppys.

The Eve primrose oil is very good. I give it to my lads, mainley for Disson as he is very itcy, but I also found that if i keep on top of his Fronline combo he doesnt itch at all. If i am about 2weeks late doing him (like i was this time, i forgot all about it) he scratches like mad and bites his back. Hes been checked for mite ect but hes clear.

Id give him both, the oil wont do him any halm at all, and the stuff will just make sure hes ok, but deff do the oil.
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Enerosar Thanks for the info on the frontline drops, .
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Enerosar is right, the spray can be used on whelping girlies and baby pups too , fab stuff always use it on mine
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
My three dogs and 3 cats have evening primrose everyday..they have had since they were little..