View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I'll need to look out for these straps, maybe i have them and didn't know! Back to the wellies, there's nothing more uncomfortable in this world than if you just put on ordinary short socks with wellies and halfway round the walk they slip right off.....
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Well it aint easy I can tell you that, but it's better than having cold wet feet, and with a couple of innersole and thick woolie socks it's not too bad, and I don't mind what I look like.......... obviously I have the big wellies on, 1/2 dozen layers on under my coat, a big padded coat, a scarf wrapped round my face, my hood up and sheepskin mitts then thermal longjohns and my jeans, that's just the summer months, you don't want to know what I wear in the winter :smt081
How do you manage to move I wear a lightweight waterproof jacket with just a t-shirt underneath and jeans tucked into walking boots and gaiters. If its really cold the t-shirt will be long sleeved oh and I might wear gloves if it's blinkin freezing.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
How do you manage to move I wear a lightweight waterproof jacket with just a t-shirt underneath and jeans tucked into walking boots and gaiters. If its really cold the t-shirt will be long sleeved oh and I might wear gloves if it's blinkin freezing.

I have Reynaud Syndrom and need to keep warm, but the layer are thin, so it's not as bad as it sounds, and it's suprising what you get used to, although I do feel like the michelin man at times
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2007, 08:53 PM
For wet weather, I'm sticking to my Barbour! Might go all out and buy a matching hood because I hate getting my hair wet.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I have Reynaud Syndrom and need to keep warm, but the layer are thin, so it's not as bad as it sounds, and it's suprising what you get used to, although I do feel like the michelin man at times
That must be tough, I have the opposite problem I'm always tying my jacket round my waist to try and keep cool.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I wear waterproof jackets and get them from here:

M and M Direct

Well known makes and good prices too!

I also wear waterproof trousers if it's really throwing it down, along with my spotty Wellies!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3