Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 06:53 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 22nd October

Good morning everyone,

Griff, congratulations to your friend on the birth of her twins.

Colder again this morning, I still can't shake off this virus or whatever it is. My nose is running like a tap this morning.

Hope Lynn is ok, wonder whether she has gone down with this flu, so many people have done so.

Better get Amber out for her walk.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Morning everyone!! How lovely ... twins!! Grey and overcast here ... just being watching a neighbour training a labrador pup in the field under our bedroom window. He shoots and the pup was absolutely adorable.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 08:37 AM
Good morning

Hope you feel better as the day goes on Moyra.

How lovely to watch the pup's training.

Congratulations to your friend Griff hope they are all well.

Lovely here this morning. Teazle walked and came home to Barry using his leaf blower in the front had told him I would sweep it I finished it off and cleared up. He is now cleaning the car so out of my way for a bit.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Bit dull and grey this morning. Feeling loads better now. Girls will be out later, Lona, Mabs and Zen will be on the river looking for the balls they abandoned and I'll be checking to see if the EA have made any moves on the debris. I very much doubt it of course and I am sure I'll be back onto them once more. I now have a reference number, which is progress.
Wonder why you have such a cold Moyra, its really lingering isn't it, not like its very cold wintry yet either. Are you still anaemic because that will be really dragging you down
Puppy sounds adorable Nikki
Bought some violas yesterday, they were half price and in good condition, also some snowdrop bulbs, and after I've had the girls out I'll have an hour in the garden and get them planted out and get rid of anything that's given up. Am also gradually pulling up the bluddy vine like stuff that's coming through from Jeff's rubbish tip, I couldn't call it a garden. House is in a dreadful state and he seems oblivious, as does his daughter and the latest boyfriend who's taken up residence. At least the dogs not barking
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2016, 09:39 AM

Domestic tufted duck

Just a quick photo post today not even rezised as usual

Hi all

Bit late posting today as decided to vacuum the inside of one of the cars.
Didn't realise how much dust get onto the matts, so took them out and good old fashioned beating with a stick cause a few dust clouds.

This damn wrist of mine still hasn't got all the strength back, and so got Sue to help with opening the bonnet and also lifting up the third row of seats. Topped up screen wash and a good cleanup all around makes all the difference.

Before all that also got tghe leaf blower out and worked its magic on the front drive , so another trip to the dump on the cards soonn
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2016, 10:07 AM
While waiting at the hospital for eye checkup I nearly had a go at another person. He had lived most of his life in Africa or somewhere like and only came back to live over here because the health service where he lived was too expensive. So no NHS contributions just another scrounger, we should do more background checks on patients and if not paid into can't get the free treatment. That is why the NHS service is in debt
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Wouldnt happen anywhere else. There'd be checks in place. I was turned away from A&E when I broke my ribs a couple of years back. Paid in and worked all my life, whole families there that were not native to this country, speaking various different languages, they got treatment and I didn't.
I haven't been back, I refuse to be treated as a non person, so I look after myself now if anything happens, and put up with it till I'm better.
Two weeks to see a doctor, so again I don't go. About time the people who have paid into the system got priority
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 03:11 PM
That's disgusting June. How are you today. Are you feeling better. Very quiet on here today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Yes I'm loads better Moyra, thank you.
Girls been on the river, well 3 of them. As soon as we got over the debris and they were looking at me expectantly for their balls,I told them to Find The Ball, and they ran off, within 5 minutes I had 2 pink gel balls and the orange rugby type ball. I had taken 2 gel balls with me in case they never found them, so came home with 5 balls, makes a change from coming home with none
Planted my snowdrops and viola's and taken some weeds up that are coming through from Jeff's, taking some out every weekend and gradually getting rid of them, and put some low willow fencing along the path, still got my trailing lobelia going strong in most places. Do sweet peas flower every year, or do I have to plant new ones every year. The ones I put in from seed this year are now flowering, better late than never I suppose
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Well normally they will seed themselves if the flowers are allowed to go to pod and allowed to pop and drop their seed but it is rather hit and miss. Why not sow some seeds now in little pots and place them somewhere where they can germinate and start to grow over the winter months.

Glad you are feeling better and that the girls found the balls for you.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »