register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Thank goodness its done and you can go and collect it. Lovely the bill was a little bit less as well.
Finally got to the sorting office and Brenda's parcel was there waiting for me.
Did anyone see Judge Rinder today, only it was so close to home it was scary. Two ladies involved with dobermans, one had lent the other a substantial sum of money over a period of time, despite a couple of payments, most of it was outstanding. Well substitute Utonagan for Doberman and you have my exact situation, I lent someone who I thought was a friend money of the years, never got it back. Then got a real sob story, so lent her the money from my mum's estate, never seen the money back, despite constant promises. Also been let down on a personal level by her as well. I have learned since that I am not the first one by a long chalk. You live and learn as they say. Between her and my ex son, they wiped me out financially
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Was it the bill that made you scared to phone Moyra?? never be scared to ring a garage...you are paying their wages.
I caught some of judge rinder TW...only the bit about the 2 ex's and he stopped paying her what he owed. I never have anything to lend anyone...i had a mobile in my name for my ex and he run up £600 on it...i struggled to pay that off
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 03:06 PM
I was more scared they were going to say it would be another day. Well his 20 minutes/half and he would pick me up has long since gone. I am tempted to ring and say shall I get a taxi round there!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2016, 03:30 PM
I would anyway Moyra, he is good at letting you down and taking from you, but not much else. Row Your Own Boat is my motto
Pity you didn't see the first one on Judge Rinder, Griff. Wish I hadn't had the money from when my mum died at the time she was crying down the phone to me, then I would never have lent it to her. She said she'd pay me back when she sold a litter she had, but she never did. I kept thinking she would, no one would be so hard faced, but she was and probably still is!! She's actually changed her name now, so must be loads of people looking for her for money
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 03:44 PM
TW...karma will bite her on the bum lol. I just send the lads round and if the money isn't returned they get a kicking...only had to do it once
Moyra...hope you have been fetched by now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Glad the car is done Moyra hope you have been picked up now to bring it home.
A pleasant experience June with Adrian flux may go there for my renewal in August they do good deals for over 50's. They are not far from here West Winch. We have an Adrian flux arena in Kings Lynn.
Just had a big clap of thunder wonder if we'll eventually get a storm reckon more rain is on the way.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2016, 04:03 PM
We've got a shower forecast at 7pm tonight, then rain late afternoon tomorrow. So much for the Yellow weather warning
I first used Adrian Flux when I had my Lucida as it was an import and have used them ever since, like you say they are pleasant to deal with
Griff if you have some lads handy to go into the depths of North Wales to collect for me, then I'll give them a cut
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Just as I went to walk Amber he turned up. They said that it is a lovely clean little car and no way should the flooring have gone like that, had it been standing in water? Then I remembered the valeting done to it before I bought her. She was soaking wet inside and took ages to dry her out. He said that explained it they had soaked the floor and rotted it from the inside out. Anyway so pleased she is done and driving lovely. £520 I paid him just enough for him to have a drink on me.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Good afternoon

Pleased you have the car back now and under estimate well don Moyra.

Well done on getting the insurance sorted Lynn now hopefully a cheap do to get the MOT.

My neighbour had to have an op on his foot in January and four months later as he was due to be able to take the boot off he was helping a friend and stepped off a ladder and has done his achilles tendon in so has been back and forward to hospital (not local) for scans etc. The dog is a lovely little dog who had to have a serious back op last year so now has a funny walk. It was so different walking to Teazle as she just keeps going but he was stop start, whether he was worried about being out with a stranger or that is how he always is I will find out.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone, have accepted the last review by Saga for my insurance and renewed managed to get a discount of £10 not a lot but it all counts and have now renewed the tax for the 1st July. So all in all my car is now totally legal and I can get on with worrying about my health and housing knowing the car is good. Must get Steve to come in with me to the Council re housing before madam as in landlady decides she wants something different.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >