Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2013, 08:17 AM

What's happened since our camping trip.

As some of you know we went camping with the dogs to Wales. It was lovely. We left my daughters two chihuahuas with a family friend to look after as they weren't outdoorsy type dogs.
Two days before we were due to come home we got a phone call from the friend to say one of them had escaped from the garden and had run off. Baring in mind the friend lives on the main road. Everyone was out looking for her including the customers of the local pub. They finally stopped looking at around 2am. They also put up posters and asked locals on a web site to keep an eye out. We didn't hold out much hope as she is a timid little thing.
Anyway we got back home and as soon as we got out the car we could hear barking. The little monkey had some how got across the main road and across the village into the back garden. She was fine although cold and hungry.
All was well again until a week later when my daughters other chihuahua became ill. We thought it was a bug he picked up when he drank out of a stream. The next day he died. Unfortunately what my daughter didn't tell me was that he fell off her bed during the night. She of course was very upset. I just wished she had of said something. We gave him a burial in the garden.
The other dogs have missed him but are getting better.
Belle is growing bigger but still going through the naughty puppy stage and mika is huge now and just hit teenager times, so things are very hectic in the house now. On a plus side belle is starting puppy classes on Sunday.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Fluff,
So sorry to hear about your daughter's wee dog,so sad
I get offers from friends and family to take Lacey when we're going away,my mum practically begs I know she wouldn't be any bother to them but always feel safer with her in kennels.I think if something happened to her with mum,I doubt she would ever forgive herself and I'd hate her to be in that position.So I ignore the sulky gob Think most dogs if that got out would try and make their way home Both incidences must have been a huge shock to her...(( hugs))

On a brighter note,I wish you well with the puppy classes,enjoy
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Thank you Eileen. Next years camping trip will involve all three dogs, that's if my daughter decides to go, you know how 17 yr old are . After months of telling her to get tags on the littles she has finally done it, well, one anyway. Noodle passing away was a shock but every cloud as they say, my daughter is taking the other chihuahua out now and training her not to bark at every thing.