View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Yes, sometimes a difficult dog needs that something different.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 06:12 PM
who won?????
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Not a hope - I value my dogs respect.
Katia
anilerkan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-05-2008, 07:17 PM
yes of course...if my dog needs help why not? he doesnt hurt the dogs

I have a difficult time understanding people against Cesar Millan
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2008, 06:32 AM
NO....NO....NO......and NO again
ropemonkey09
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
read through most of these posts,
CM fundamentally understands how a dog naturally wants to behave. A house isn't natural for a dog but with a balanced structured upbringing (as an upbringing in a wild pack would be) a dog can be very happy as part of a household.
Most of Cesar's work is with owners who aren't providing this balance and showing them how to.

simple rule I use is, if a dog is acting in a way which it wouldn't as part of a wild (natural) pack, chances are there is an issue that needs addressing.

His ideas are well worth reading if only to expand your canine knowledge, regardless of your opinion on his methods.
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
What kind of a 'pack' are you refering to? The 'wolf' myth was debunked a long time ago, IMO dogs learn 'manners'.
The dog has come too far from the wolf for it even to be considered. Yes, there are many people who really have no idea of a dog's part in a household, & many come unstuck, but this is not a 'pack' issue, it is a 'manners' issue. Perhaps there are as many out there who allow their kids to trample over feelings, possessions, theirs or others, as they allow their dogs to do.
Just my humble opinion
Katia
ropemonkey09
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2008, 09:45 PM
think we're basically getting at the same thing just using different terms, the pack/family needs somebody providing morals, limits, guidance, manners, ect. Both children/young adults, puppys/dogs need to learn these from an elder experienced pack/family member. It's up to the elder member to find an effective fair medium in which to convey this.

just as an aside, the 'wolf' pack theory is often cast off as old hat now-a-days and possible has a lessening relevance with domestic UK dogs, but often when I'm in Asia I'll watch wild dogs interacting within an, often easily identifiable, hierarchy and I'm not convinced 'western' dogs wouldn't revert to such interaction if all their human interaction dissapeared completely.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 06:06 AM
just out of interest watching our own dogs, our grons are qiuite "packy"they enjoy doing stuff together, they lie together, eat bones together,copy each other, wheras the collies are very "singular" & want their own space & are all independant of each other.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Yes,if I needed help.The programmes of his I have watched I have not seen anything I have an issue with but have seen lots of good results
Page 10 of 32 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »