View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Cassie walked really well on puppy collar alone when she was young. It was only as she got older and smarter that the problems started. LOL We find the harness is better than a collar but are also working at the Canny Collar as well for a few problems we've been having.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by bale844
i asked the vets to go to a puppy socialization class so i could talk to other puppy/dog owners but they dont do them.
i dont know anyone who has had a dog trained.
sb your article was great!!
ive now written a list of words + meanings that i would like her to learn.
im going to toilet train her + lead train her 1st as a start.
then ill pick 1/2 of the other things to try.
thankyou all + ill start straight away. jo xxx
Thank you I hope you find it helpful. Have a look at all of the Dogweb Articles, they are interesting and may be useful to you at some stage.

When you are picking something else to train after toileting and lead I would suggest the 'watch' exercise. It can be very valuable in all sorts of situations. Actually there is no reason at all why you cannot start training it right away.

SB
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2005, 09:48 AM
hi jo

Otis is a white and black pied staff - which in effect means he is white with a few black spots!! He is delicious and i want to eat him everytime i see him. (i love my dog can you tell??!!)

Otis is my first ever dog, so i constantly come onto this forum for advice and tips, and in my opinion its the best one and everyone is very understanding.

I take otis to puppy classes. They are not onl great for the pups, but also for the adults who have never owned a dog before becasue they really make you understand your dog. The class i take him to is run by an approved pet dog trainer and he is fab! We took otis to the beginner course for 8 weeks and now are on the internediate course for another 8 weeks. The course costs £52 which i think is great value as there are only 3 dogs in the class and you get a lot of one-to-one training with the instructor.

Where abouts do you live jo?

You can pm me or email me on jodiehowell@macdream.net for a chat if you like x

Jodie x
bale844
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2005, 11:52 AM
i have emailed you jodie, im in essex so not far.
your dog sounds gorg!!!
i had no idea which colour i wanted before but remi jumped out + hit me - i traveled 3 hours for her + 4 back!! jo xxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2